Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guaging Interest in 2-day Fun Run Nor Cal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hydroliftin
The fifth running of Targa California will take place April 11-13th. Thursday - Saturday. Check out the Targa California at http://www.targacalifornia.com/
It starts at the Bast Western, Thousand Oaks in Southern California, with the
first night in Paso Robles. Friday it swings up by Canepa Design in Scott's Valley, lunch in Carmel Valley, and it ends with a farewell lunch at Fort Hunter Liggett Spanish Mission.

I don't have the time to drive all the way to the start in LA, so I am planning on visiting Canepa Design on Friday April 12 around 10:00 and see who shows up. The Targa California is somewhat of a carry on of the old Iron Bottom and is now run by Dave Bouzaglou of TRE Motorsports in Van Nuys. Google him and see some of the cool projects he has done. Google the Iron Bottom Motor Tour too if you want to see what you missed those 10 years. The Targa Califirnia is open to all 1975 and older makes/models of cars so 914's fit right in.

After a visit to Canepa, I plan to make my way to Paso Robles via some interesting back roads, have dinner, maybe hang out, then make my way back to King City for the night. Rooms in Paso Robles run about $150 a night compared to the Motel 6 an hour north in King City which runs under $50 a night. Saturday morning I plan to head toward Fort Hunter Liggett and take Nacimiento-Fergusson Road to Highway 1, then back up the coast back to the Bay Area.

Now while I may cross paths with the Targa California, I am not associated with them. I plan to use public roads at reasonable speeds and enjoy this great state we live in. If any of you are interested in making similar plans, let's talk.
Mike Bellis
Wish I could make it! Maybe next year.

The road from Fort Hunter to Hwy 1 is an awesome drive!
hydroliftin
Sorry you can't make it Mike, Anyone else out there want to make plans for a Spring awakening for your 914?

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Dec 22 2012, 07:36 PM) *

Wish I could make it! Maybe next year.

The road from Fort Hunter to Hwy 1 is an awesome drive!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.