Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paint and Bodywork Done...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
For those of you who have been following the progress of my type-4 powered turbo 912, I have made some major strides forward recently. With the completion of the cage by Tony at TCDesign, the metal work by Mark at MarkD Metal & Stereos, and the paint by Brandon at Altissimo in Napa, CA. I can finally begin the assembly process.

Check out the super clean interior, front trunk, engine bay, and underside of my 912 now. Due to some of the space restriction from the cage install, I was no longer able to use the glove box door and the knee pads. Therefore, I had Mark fill in the glovebox door and weld a steel bar across the bottom of the dash to smooth it all out. I also had him weld up all the small holes on the floorpans where the seam sealer went before. Brandon did an awesome job applying the thinnest undercoating as possible and and painting every nook and groove with a some serious red. It looks great.

Don't look too long, as Brad says..."It will make your retina's burn!"

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Britain Smith
almost forgot the engine bay...

IPB Image
Brad Roberts
You should be a NASCAR driver..

"My Roush powered Tide MonteCarlo couldnt get past the Hendricks powered Shell Taurus..."

Looks good. I recall when it had a nice interior and a award winning sound system...LOL

B
Brad Roberts
Why cant they get this straight ?? They have full access to this from above.

B
Britain Smith
Well...now it will have a nicer interior, front trunk, and engine bay...with a 2.3L turbo type-4 engine built by Brad Roberts of Roberts Enterprises, a custom grind cam designed by Jake Raby of Aircooled Technology, Ceramic lifters provided by Charles at LN Engineering, TEC-3 FI bought on ebay, Carrera suspension purchases in LA, 915 transmission with LSD built by Hayden at WEVO, and a sound system designed and built by me!

-Britain
Britain Smith
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 7 2004, 11:26 PM)

B

Because once you fix one area that is dented, you have to fix them all! There are several areas on the floorpans that I pounded out the best I could. That area is very have to get to in the center tunnel and I only have limited bodywork experience at best.

-Britain
Brad Roberts
All for the low cost of one marriage and two jobs... biggrin.gif

B
McMark
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 7 2004, 10:26 PM)

B

You can only throw in so many freebees. laugh.gif

If he wanted it perfect hot rod 100% he should have asked for and paid for it. Sure Brandon could have hit it a couple of times, but it's not going to get any less dented, just different.
Britain Smith
Hmmm...thanks...don't remind me...I would like to get the car running sometime in the near future!

-Britain
McMark
Which reminds me, we need to talk about Blackie, Brad. When's a good time for dinner? Next Saturday, Sunday, Monday?
Brad Roberts
Why are we allowing him to post these pics here ??

Run over to the 912 board and see what they have to say... happy11.gif

B
Brad Roberts
I'll be at Sears point on Sunday the 14th for the PCA autoX. Come up and we will have dinner after the event in Novato (like old times)

B
McMark
Here ya go! http://www.912bbs.org/

Yer' on Brad.
Brad Roberts
I HATE that format. Reminds me of email lists.. barf.gif

B
Britain Smith
Well thanks guys...I go on here to show off the work that was done by members of the 914 community, pushing their products and business, and I get put down.

Thanks guys...maybe I should just delete this thread.

-Britain
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Nov 7 2004, 11:45 PM)
Well thanks guys...I go on here to show off the work that was done by members of the 914 community, pushing their products and business, and I get put down.

Thanks guys...maybe I should just delete this thread.

-Britain

dont get butt hurt..... use preperation H!! laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
I'm just posting so other people see the thread..

I'm sorry if your agreement with the others was to "push" their products...LOL

B
McMark
Here, I'll stir up some controversy for ya.

I like the glovebox delete. I think it was a good idea. I'm glad we did it. I actually even like the red, and I don't like red. Show them the picture of the pass. front fender vents. That's my favorite. biggrin.gif

I reserve the right for a ride once this monster is done.
nebreitling
britain, it looks spec-f-ing-tacular.

don't mind if i stop by and see it in person..
Jeroen
Hey Brittain, don't let Brad or the others get to ya biggrin.gif
Looks absolutely great!
Reminds me of how much I miss my 911 and why I should get me another
rick 918-S
clap56.gif rocking nana.gif Can't wait to see it finished! idea.gif Slow night on the Boxster Board "B"? happy11.gif
Randal
Hey Britain,

Everything looks GREAT Britain!

When you get the puppy back together you'll be driving a car that's so nice you're going to get that old "warm and fuzzy" feeling ever time you open the garage. Now that is fun.

By the way is this your first total rebuild?
Root_Werks
I think it looks great! I would like to see how the turbo 4 does in that chassis. Should be cool! smilie_pokal.gif
Hi_Fi_Guy
Looks great, can't wait ti see it all together and hear more about this engine.
Rusty
QUOTE(markd@mac.com @ Nov 8 2004, 12:35 AM)
If he wanted it perfect hot rod 100% he should have asked for and paid for it. Sure Brandon could have hit it a couple of times, but it's not going to get any less dented, just different.

I suppose you could have just cut a quarter of the car off. blink.gif
Britain Smith
QUOTE(Randal @ Nov 8 2004, 08:54 AM)
Hey Britain,

Everything looks GREAT Britain!

When you get the puppy back together you'll be driving a car that's so nice you're going to get that old "warm and fuzzy" feeling ever time you open the garage. Now that is fun.

By the way is this your first total rebuild?

Thanks guys. I actually rebuilt this car when I was in high school. My standards just changes over the years and I am going back and building it to my new standards. That would now include lots of HP, better suspension and brakes, etc.

-Britain
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.