Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Media Blast Cabinet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wndsnd
#1 You can't find them.

#2 They die young.

#3 They are a pain in the ...

#4. Will the glass really pitt up?

#5 I expect all the worst, cheap HF STuff.

Thanks
John
scotty b
I have glass in mine. I get a new piece cut about every year and a half and I probably use mine a lot more than you will. Unless you shoot the media directly at the glass, it will last plenty long
wndsnd
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 23 2012, 12:07 PM) *

I have glass in mine. I get a new piece cut about every year and a half and I probably use mine a lot more than you will. Unless you shoot the media directly at the glass, it will last plenty long

Thats what I suspected. Thanks Scotty.
Gint
I always wondered that myself.

I've cleaned the plastic sheets more than once. Glass cleaner will get you through to the next blasting session.
biosurfer1
Thanks Scotty...wanted to get rid of mine for a long time for all the same reasons but thought they were more important. I KNOW I don't use it as much as you so thank for the info
Dr Evil
I am now considering glass. The plastic is suck.
McMark
Scott, how big is yours? I have the small standalone HF unit with sand in it and the glass dies pretty quick. I think the smaller units get more bounce back (closer to the work piece).

Of course I get new glass cut for about $2 a piece, so I'm not to worried about it. What I'm searching for is a low dust, high cut media. idea.gif
scotty b
eah the size may make a big difference. Mine is fairly big. The one on the left is the one I have had for many years. the right one is new and is REALLY big.
cary
TP tools ....................
I have glass with a plastic cover.
SLITS
Glass and shooting glass bead to avoid metal removal. Cuts rust, grease, paint. etc,.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.