Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: have you ever just said...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
wink.gif dont ask dont tell
TheCabinetmaker
Jay, I assume you are serving in the military, and were not drafted. Don't want the sound like your first Sargeant, but you joined. You made the commitment. You have to carry on. I joined the Airforce in 1966. Spent 28 days awol over a woman. Received a special court martial. Busted back to E-1, spent 90 days in lockup, fined 2/3 pay for six months and confined to base for another six months. I finished my four years (with a tour in SE Asia) and EARNED my honorable discharge. I felt like a total dickwad. I let down my family, my country, and myself. I stuck out the last 2 years and am veryproud of myself today. You got a lot of life left after you get out. Buck up, bite your lip, and stick it out. Military life is certainly not for everyone, but I don't think you are a quiter!

Good luck man, Curt
Bruce Allert
Hang in there Bud.... it'll get better (prolly not till it gets worse) but, it will get better

I was a day late getting back from leave and wrote up. I was also the only sailor in the USS T.E. Chandlers history to be pardoned from a Captains Mast smilie_pokal.gif (cuz it weren't my fault!)

Buck up & take yer medicine, you'll be better fer it beer.gif

......b
DrifterJay
taking off to ft irwin....lets see what happens...ready to be a Private e1 again....bye all!
John Kelly
Don't know if you are one of the folks who fullfilled their commitment and got called back up by the chickenshits, but you better tow the line so that they don't hammer you. I have a friend who served 20 years, then got "back door drafted".

Stay safe!

John www.ghiaspecialties.com

PS original post was editted, so this response may seem out of place
Rusty
Hang in there dude. PM on the way.

-Chief B.
Aaron Cox
jay - i returned your call.. u no answer confused24.gif <_<

howd the motor go?
rhodyguy
maybe just extra duty. do they take rank for failing to make formation these days? go to the px and buy an alarm clock.

kevin
skline
I think the reason he was ready to say F*$# it was because of the motor issues. Last I heard from him last night was he couldnt get it to run. I tried to talk him through it but I am really not very good at that. If he lived closer I would go over there and get it going for him. He is having a tough time with it and is ready to give up.
Jake Raby
When I went to parris Island for Marine Boot Camp I often wanted to quit, but never did. I found that just about the time it seemed impossible to do the task it was over..

I went in at 5-10 and 128 pounds, came out 5-10 and 165 pounds... Its amazing what 12 weeks in the land god forgot can do to one!

don't quit man- Don't quit!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.