Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oh no another dumb newby
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
alcantera
Merry Christmas guys, I have a few questions. I hope you haven't had to answer these a thousand times before. I'm doing the work on a friends 914, which is nice because I get to be creative and he pays for it piratenanner.gif . my first question is what is the best axle set up for a type 911 transmission to 911 stub axles (read cheap) . I have a nice set of Koni shocks but no perches do you know were I can get them ? finally I have looked on the schematic wiring diagrams and I don't see any reference to rear defrost our the ignition switch. We are building a 914/6 , I will post some pictures as soon as I figure out how . thanks guys
SLITS
A search of this site will reveal all of the various CV axles everyone has tried to use.

911 CV axles are to short and cause the CV joint to run in an inappropriate place in the cage.

914 CV axles are 20.250" long compressed (bar is 20.250" long).

911 CV axles:

'69 - '71 911 are 19.125"

'72 - '75 911 are 19.4375"

You can have custom ones (bars) made by Sway-Away? Send a message to Eric Shea.

I just use a stock 901 transmission and re-drilled rear hubs with a stock 914 CV axle with a 2.7L setup.

Rear defrost is not a function of the ignition switch. It is a switch on the dash very similar to the Emergency Flasher Switch and the traces in the glass are activated through the relay board via a relay. There are two poles on the relay board, near the front .... wires coming from window going to the plug that fit over the poles are Yellow with Red Trace and Green.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.