Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 914 2.0- Not mine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
barada
Noticed this on Atlanta Craigslist. Did not see a forum for southeast CL ads so putting it here. Anyone know this car? Again not mine but not that far from me.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/cto/3479747941.html
pnewman
Holy Cow! huh.gif

Below is a quote from the listing:

"I bought this car from "Dr 914" at Auto Atlanta almost a year ago. I paid his asking price ($24,500) for the car which was a small fortune based on his established reputation with all things 914. A year later, I find that I am not driving the car due to the bitterness I feel about my buying experience. In short, I feel that the seller "puffed" the car to the point of shameless. I will list the Sellers original description of car and then add my thoughts at the end. I consider myself "experienced", but in this case, my education was expensive. I believe I paid thousands more than the car is really worth. I want to hit the reset button and enjoy cars again, but know that many parts are only sourced through Auto Atlanta and I refuse to give this man another nickel of my money."

...and the fan club grows. Wow!
I speak of my ex-wife better. ...well maybe not.
I wonder if she was from Atlanta.
Cracker
Must be looking at a different link...All I see in the ad is a simple, short copy.

Cracker

QUOTE(pnewman @ Dec 24 2012, 09:52 PM) *

Holy Cow! huh.gif

Below is a quote from the listing:

"I bought this car from "Dr 914" at Auto Atlanta almost a year ago. I paid his asking price ($24,500) for the car which was a small fortune based on his established reputation with all things 914. A year later, I find that I am not driving the car due to the bitterness I feel about my buying experience. In short, I feel that the seller "puffed" the car to the point of shameless. I will list the Sellers original description of car and then add my thoughts at the end. I consider myself "experienced", but in this case, my education was expensive. I believe I paid thousands more than the car is really worth. I want to hit the reset button and enjoy cars again, but know that many parts are only sourced through Auto Atlanta and I refuse to give this man another nickel of my money."

...and the fan club grows. Wow!
I speak of my ex-wife better. ...well maybe not.
I wonder if she was from Atlanta.

billh1963
I am in Macon through tomorrow if anyone wants me to look at the car in the link.
Lectronix
Yes, I'm interested. Would you give it a really great glance for me, please. Let me know it that is possible. Thanks

Jorge
billh1963
QUOTE(Lectronix @ Dec 25 2012, 03:05 PM) *

Yes, I'm interested. Would you give it a really great glance for me, please. Let me know it that is possible. Thanks

Jorge

I'm leaving around noon today. If you make contact with the seller and arrange the details I can take a look before I leave! Better to PM me.... I won't be on the forum until this evening.
sixaddict
Check ebay
Believe these words came from that seller (green conversion) not sure how it got posted in southeast but too close to be coincidence
914runnow
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Dec 26 2012, 07:16 AM) *

Check ebay
Believe these words came from that seller (green conversion) not sure how it got posted in southeast but too close to be coincidence

wow harsh words for george
Ebay #..
at his current price
thatz Not Bad!! confused24.gif
billh1963
I looked at the 914 in question. Did not get it up in the air nor did I crawl under it.

Owner has only driven the car 200 or 300 miles. He bought it for the engine for a sand rail (a very nice one...I saw it) but has decided to change direction.

Car has some race history at Road Atlanta. Has a roll cage, ventilated rotors, FIBERGLASS flares. etc. VERY strong engine. Seller thinks it is a stock 2.0; however, it felt stronger. Exhaust is very loud. Suspension is very stiff. Needs new bushings for shift linkage.

Trunks looks fair, hell hole decent, some rust in pans.

Here is a quick video and pictures:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Video below...click on picture:

IPB Image
Lectronix
Thank you for posting!
poorsche914
Hmm, Aircooled Classics is up here in Knoxville. Wonder if the guys there would have more details as far as engine, suspension, etc? idea.gif They used to build and race 914s several years ago.

driving.gif
Porsche Doc
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jan 3 2013, 12:06 AM) *

Hmm, Aircooled Classics is up here in Knoxville. Wonder if the guys there would have more details as far as engine, suspension, etc? idea.gif They used to build and race 914s several years ago.

driving.gif

Yes, We built that car years... ago...
Call me if ya want info... 865-392-1181
Don
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.