Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any guess as to what these plastic parts are?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rex66m
They have been in my glove box since I bought the car. As a point of reference, the long rectangular piece is about the size of a little finger. The small knob and rectangular piece have a textured look. Thanks in advance.
JeffBowlsby
I know what all of those are.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Dec 24 2012, 02:06 PM) *

I thnk he wanted help ID'ing them Jeff, not a guessing contest! biggrin.gif

L is the knob from a window crank,

middle is the female 1/2 of the seatbelt clip which holds the loose end of the belt, & the other half is u-shaped with clips that go into the slots on each end (IIRC you can still get new clips from vintage VW parts suppliers),

right is the manual opening knob for your headlight & mount on the bit of the threaded shaft that sticks out the back end of the motor.

santa_smiley.gif
davep
Very knowledgeable these fellows.
euro911
OK Mr. Smarty Pants ... what's the fourth item laugh.gif
cwpeden
spring washer?

Hard to tell.....blanket or pillow?
rex66m
QUOTE(cwpeden @ Dec 26 2012, 03:36 AM) *

spring washer?

Hard to tell.....blanket or pillow?

It's a sheet. Cheapest option for an interior car cover. Nothing but the best, Clark!
rex66m
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Dec 24 2012, 06:11 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Dec 24 2012, 02:06 PM) *

I thnk he wanted help ID'ing them Jeff, not a guessing contest! biggrin.gif

L is the knob from a window crank,

middle is the female 1/2 of the seatbelt clip which holds the loose end of the belt, & the other half is u-shaped with clips that go into the slots on each end (IIRC you can still get new clips from vintage VW parts suppliers),

right is the manual opening knob for your headlight & mount on the bit of the threaded shaft that sticks out the back end of the motor.

santa_smiley.gif

Tks. Feeling pretty dumb regarding the window regulator knob. Was not missing one, so I never thought about it.
euro911
If you look all around the car (or others' cars) long enough, you'll find where most everything goes.

Since my first 914 came with a lot 'missing', even after 5 years of ownership, I see others post pix of odd looking parts and find myself saying Aaah Ha idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.