Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [NPC] You know your stereo is too loud when...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
campbellcj
I'm cruising along PCH on the way home tonight, about to turn into Malibu Cyn (Pepperdine).

The V-1 is going ballistic; Ka band fully lit up with 1 bogie straight ahead. Shortly thereafter I spot a patrol car with all lights a blazin' coming the other direction, closely following an inconspicuous Lexinfinitcura sedan about 4' off his bumper.

This went on for probably 1/2 a mile or more. The Lexinfinitcura never slowed down or stopped, just kept on going. Didn't even appear to be speeding to me but that's hard to tell facing head-on.

Finally they hit the stoplight where I was sitting. The officer jumped out of his car, drew his gun, walked up to the other car's window and rapped on it with his baton. The guy finally rolled down his window and looked completely stunned...he seems to have had NO clue the cop was trying to pull him over. Hilarious.

Fortunately, it wasn't me. Thank god for the V-1. It saves my butt almost daily.
Britain Smith
I will agree with that...

I have had a V-1 for about 6 years and every time I travel to California from Texas I see about 10 or so people get pulled over after I have slowed down and moved to the slow lane. If anyone has any doubts about its performance, just tag along for a ride sometime.

-Britain
EdwardBlume
Stoner VW Bug dude in high school, driving down the main drag listening to rap music - heavy bass. Went four blocks with an Ambulence right behind him. The cops threw the book at him, searched the car, and wrote up EVERYTHING.

Funny unless its your trip in the Ambulence.

<_< <_< <_<
madd_dogg_914
I am/was guilty of that. Two days after I got my stereo installed in my 914 I was driving over highway 17 (if you are from Nor Cal you know what that is) Well, my stereo is a blasting and traffic comes to a complete stop. I am just sitting there listening to music and I look over and everyone is waiving at me. I was like, WHOA, it must sound good, or they must like the ride. Finally after a couple of minutes a guy in a Fed Ex truck gets out of his car, walks to my window. As soon as I turn the radio down I hear the honking behind me. I turn around and there is a tow truck about 1 inch off my bumper, no way for him to get by, needed me to pull to the left side of the road. I was SOOOOOOO embarrased. And to this day, whenever I am in traffic I ALWAYS turn down the radio. My friends always ask why, I just say because, and that is the end of it. But I can tell all of my fellow teeners out there! It was a good lesson for me. I still love loud music, but usually only on the freeway, and NEVER in traffic!

-Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.