Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/G trunk lid with built in duck tail
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
Has anyone here used this fiberglass trunk lid with the seamless integrated duck tail. I have an old ducktail spoiler in faded black that I was going to trash, never have liked them much. This weekend (on a whim) I painted it body color (pretty close rattlecan) just for an idea of what it would look like and ended up really diggin' it. Since I'll be going back to heavy stock bumpers I figure a weight savings on the trunk couldn't hurt. Has anyone used this and/or have pictures of it mounted. It's from Rennspeed, BTW.

Doug C
seanery
I'm torn between that piece and a standard F/G trunk with a sheridan rear spoiler.
Root_Werks
A buddy of mine has one on a black 914-6 with GT flares. Looks good, I would think you would want flares if you are going to have a wing to make things look right. Just my 2 cents though. biggrin.gif
d914
i have one on the track car, like it except for the over hang part digs into the paint over time at speed. Have seen alot of cars with the same little marks in the car.
spare time toys
You could run some clear Mylar tape as a scuff guard.
DougC
Root is right, I've got standard GT flares and I doubt it'd match on a non-flared car. Wish someone had a couple of pics...

Doug C
SirAndy
i always hated the ones where the spoiler sticks out on the side.
it'll bang up the top of your fenders ...

me likes the look on my car mucho better biggrin.gif

the spoiler was cut & shortened in the center to make it fit the hood ...

IPB Image

IPB Image
iamchappy
I like andy's also, mine was fabricated into the back fenders like this.
DougC
I like that too Andy, but you have to tell me more. I assume it was not the one piece unit in the picture that I posted, you must of taken a standard Ducktail spoiler, cut it to fit, mounted it then add body filler to the front and rear edges..right? That does look nice, is there a link to you car pictures?

Doug C
SirAndy
QUOTE(DougC @ Nov 8 2004, 12:57 PM)
That does look nice, is there a link to you car pictures?

it's in my sig ... wink.gif

http://www.sirandy.com/projects/cars/

click on the "Pictures" link ...
no pics of the spoiler building tho, but yes, you're right. take decklid, take spoiler, cut spoiler, glue on, use bondo, paint, voila!

smash.gif Andy
drew365
Here's a pic of my one piece fiberglass. Hopefully the car will get painted one color soon.
drew365
From the rear.
URY914
My rear lid started life as a AIR with the spoiler with the ears. Never did fit right. Those ears never fit the fender ends right. So I cut them off, than I cut the whoe thing off and made my own. biggrin.gif

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.