Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shock cap covers- thinking of making these
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mikey914
Like the thread says, thinking of making these, but need to do move a bunck at this price to make it pencil out, these would be 8-10 weeks out.
Who's interested?

Pics of 1st article added
Tom_T
me...add it to the growing list of your new stuff Mark! biggrin.gif

Merry, Merry, Ho, ho, ho! santa_smiley.gif
jeeperjohn56
Mark, I'm in for two set's. John
scotty b
I have removed more of these that were perfectly fine than I have that needed to be replaced. IMHO there are more relevant parts that are needed. In particular the 6 nubs that hold the headlight eyebrows in, and the front panel plugs. Both of those item are almost always f-ed beyond reuse confused24.gif
walterolin
One set.

Olin
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 25 2012, 12:25 PM) *

I have removed more of these that were perfectly fine than I have that needed to be replaced. IMHO there are more relevant parts that are needed.

agree.gif
t collins
Two sets please!
mepstein
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 25 2012, 03:25 PM) *

I have removed more of these that were perfectly fine than I have that needed to be replaced. IMHO there are more relevant parts that are needed. In particular the 6 nubs that hold the headlight eyebrows in, and the front panel plugs. Both of those item are almost always f-ed beyond reuse confused24.gif

agree.gif Add in aluminum sail panel trim, alum side mirrors and dash pads at reasonable prices and my favorite item for the steering wheel shades.gif

Happy Holidays
sbsix
For sure one set. I need them since my originals show their age.
tod914
Mark, good idea! The new ones available from Porsche are molded differently. They are more of a cup shape. I'll grab a set from you as well.
euro911
Mark already makes the eyebrow 'nubs'
scotty b
QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 25 2012, 02:53 PM) *

confused24.gif I can't find them on the site confused24.gif
76-914
one set fer me, tambien.
Socalandy
Im in for two sets, looks like my order list is growing. thanks
tradisrad
In.
JFJ914
1 set
toolguy
Oh hell YES !!! 2 sets please. . .
Eric_Shea
set
euro911
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 25 2012, 03:37 PM) *
confused24.gif I can't find them on the site confused24.gif
Yeah, they're not on the site. Shoot him a PM, Scotty type.gif
mharmon
I'll take a pair
Mikey914

Got them Not set up for high volume, but I usually include in the kits.
Niklas
I want 2 sets.

Niklas
Gint
I'll take a set. With 6 eyebrow nubs too please. wink.gif
JStroud
Three sets please.....I need to sell a car

Jeff
euro911
QUOTE(jsconst @ Dec 26 2012, 07:18 AM) *

Jeff
They're not that expensive, Jeff laugh.gif
JRust
I'm in for 2 set's & 6 eyebrow nubs
JStroud
QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 26 2012, 08:14 AM) *

QUOTE(jsconst @ Dec 26 2012, 07:18 AM) *

Jeff
They're not that expensive, Jeff laugh.gif

No, but buying parts for three cars is......all these GB add up fast....and I have no will power, can't pass up a good deal lol-2.gif

Need to get the yellow car done and sold.

Jeff
slu234
Did they put these on the '70 MY? Either way, put me down for one pair.
aharder
I'm in for 1 set biggrin.gif
Mikey914
Thanks guys,
I try to keep the prices down as much as I can, and do understand shipping adds up. Also, having done this once or twice, I need to set these up as a menu, I'll take x number of A, x number of B.......ect. SO as soon as I have a few of these ready I'll start contacting everyone.
-mark
Mikey914
QUOTE(slu234 @ Dec 26 2012, 08:32 AM) *

Did they put these on the '70 MY? Either way, put me down for one pair.

Yes
AWino
Im in for a set!]
Tom_T

In particular the 6 nubs that hold the headlight eyebrows in, and the front panel plugs.

I'd be in for a full set of both of those too Mark!

Those round rear door jamb vent covers with the loose & very open cell foam "filter" covers would be good to get new & fresh for us CWs too.

Any progress on a OE correct & reinforced repro early engine compartment rain tray Mark? confused24.gif .... (as opposed to the non-OE looking shiny & thinner GFRC ones James makes)

I saw that Pat G. is doing his semi-annual WTB post for the unobtanium perfect used one recently, so I'm sure he's in for an OE correct rain tray too! biggrin.gif

Hope you had a great santa_smiley.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Dec 26 2012, 09:20 AM) *

In particular the 6 nubs that hold the headlight eyebrows in, and the front panel plugs.

Those round rear door jamb vent covers with the loose & very open cell foam "filter" covers would be good to get new & fresh for us CWs too.

Any progress on a OE correct & reinforced repro early engine compartment rain tray Mark? confused24.gif .... (as opposed to the non-OE looking shiny & thinner GFRC ones James makes)

I saw that Pat G. is doing his semi-annual WTB post for the unobtanium perfect used one recently, so I'm sure he's in for an OE correct rain tray too! biggrin.gif

The Early rain tray reproduction is something I still have on my radar, the cost is just way too much for the return right now. I will probably wind up doing these, but just a mater of time and money. I'm trying to get some of the smaller projects going and get a few others wrapped up.
-mark
Tom_T
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 26 2012, 09:32 AM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Dec 26 2012, 09:20 AM) *

The Early rain tray reproduction is something I still have on my radar, the cost is just way too much for the return right now. I will probably wind up doing these, but just a mater of time and money. I'm trying to get some of the smaller projects going and get a few others wrapped up.
-mark

IIRC Pat is offering $500 for a nice used early rain tray, but I don't know how deep the market is at that price point, nor what cost you'll need to hit.

I wonder if you could subcontract to whomever make the OE correct-looking late rain trays, since they may have the ability to modify their model &/or save on other set-up & production costs for you? idea.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif since santa_smiley.gif is kickin' back now! biggrin.gif
rgolia
I am in for one set.
LotusJoe
One set for me please!
Rob914
One set please.
injunmort
i would be in for three sets.
Porsche930dude
what about the cover for the shifter on the back of the tail shifters? is there anyone that makes that? Im not even sure what its suposed to look like . my car sure doesnt have one
euro911
QUOTE(Porsche930dude @ Dec 28 2012, 07:13 PM) *
what about the cover for the shifter on the back of the tail shifters? is there anyone that makes that? Im not even sure what its suposed to look like . my car sure doesnt have one
AA has repros (B91442422900) for $30. You'll need the hose clamp (R99951234802) and a NLA rubber doughnut that snaps on the rear end too.

Click to view attachment
Mikey914

Yes, the drawings are almost done, I can only do so much at once.
-mark
Mikey914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 28 2012, 10:45 PM) *

Yes, the drawings are almost done, I can only do so much at once.
-mark

If George is allready doing these, it might be best for me to put this one on ice.

The tower covers are still in the process. Pictures of the 1st parts of the Alternator grommets and the trun drain tubes are going up shortly.
-Mark
Porsche930dude
aa's description says its still pre-production.
euro911
Ah ... missed that.
Lennies914
One set for me please.
Mikey914
These are still on the radar. And the tooling and cost was actually more than expected.

For the benefit of those that signed up early I will honor the quoted $5.99 a set.

From this point forward $9.99 a set. I had put these on the back burner as I there were a few other items needed (I'll be posting more next week). But there will be a few items to combine shipping. Haven't started the tooling yet, so these are still 8 weeks out. Just a bunch of cash to sink into the tooling for not a bunch of demand, so having underestimated the cost and demand, the math dictates a higher cost.

I did want to reward those that did step up, but the price after the GB will be $18 a set, as I'll probably be into these for the long haul.
JamesM
I didnt see these first time around. Im down for 3 sets.

tadink
please put me down for a set - td
OU8AVW
I'll take a set of tower covers. $9.99, $18.00, what ever it works out to be. Just let me know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.