Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1972 914 For Sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
914Eric
Seems there is a 914 for sale near me. It's about 30 miles from me, and 2000 feet down a grade on the snake river.

If someone is VERY interested and READY to buy, I could do an inspection but not just to take a look and "Report" back.

http://lewiston.craigslist.org/cto/3499923477.html

john_g
One thing I noticed is that the front bumper is from a '73 or '74, so there might have been some front end work/damage at one time.
rex66m
Just don't get why someone puts the hood badge up that high.
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(rex66m @ Dec 26 2012, 01:38 PM) *

agree.gif Definitely a turnoff! Leaving it under a tarp is not a good idea.
914Eric
QUOTE(rex66m @ Dec 26 2012, 10:38 AM) *

True, but that is probably the least of the problems with this car. I haven't talked to them, so I don't know how many winters this car has been out "Under a tarp", but if it's more than one, I'm guessing you could move the badge where you want it when the car is stripped and painted.

Which I'm guessing if you wanted to save this car would need to be done. Sitting out in winter snow also couldn't have been good for the electronics and electrical either. I don't think I'd pay too much for it given the amount of work needed.
Evil914
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Dec 26 2012, 10:55 AM) *

agree.gif Definitely a turnoff! Leaving it under a tarp is not a good idea.

I'd rather have it beat up by a good water proof tarp than have every floor panel rusted out Fred Flintstone style.Damn i hate fixing rust!!!! barf.gif
Pat Garvey

Because there are no directions.......because it shouldn't be there to start with.
914runnow
QUOTE(914Eric @ Dec 26 2012, 12:02 PM) *

QUOTE(rex66m @ Dec 26 2012, 10:38 AM) *

True, but that is probably the least of the problems with this car. I haven't talked to them, so I don't know how many winters this car has been out "Under a tarp", but if it's more than one, I'm guessing you could move the badge where you want it when the car is stripped and painted.

Which I'm guessing if you wanted to save this car would need to be done. Sitting out in winter snow also couldn't have been good for the electronics and electrical either. I don't think I'd pay too much for it given the amount of work needed.

agree.gif Seems by the grass/weeds...at least a couple of seasons gone by...
which makes it in the 'Project Status'..for the amount of items to be
cleaned/inspected replaced or restored...battery/tires..just to start..
low miles though!!
and In a Few Months those pics will already be 2 years...
I have been eyeing the ones here on
World to compare to my local purchase...of a 75 2.0 at 3 grand......
most here are at 3000.00 to 4500.00 and seem to be a better value.....
soooooo a 72 1.7..Hmmmmm confused24.gif
Although thanx for posting it.. smile.gif
I do like the Towel drying bar in the back!!
av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.