Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Xmas present ever! (almost)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mittelmotor
I think a real 914/6 would be the best. But I got the AutoArt 1/18th-scale model for Christmas. It's been out for a while, but I thought I'd post a bunch of detail shots. Really amazing...especially the mesh for the engine lid, the seatbelt buckles... even the "X" pressings in the firewall sheet metal. Probably the only "rust free" 914 out there!

--Doug
turk22
wow! how does it drive biggrin.gif

I asked for an Ivory white one for Xmass, but apparently I wasn't so good this year...
(or my wife thought I was nuts...)
JawjaPorsche
Such great detail! Love Signal Orange. You must have been a very good boy because I didn't get anything nearly that awesome! beerchug.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Dec 26 2012, 01:45 PM) *

Such great detail! Love Signal Orange. You must have been a very good boy because I didn't get anything nearly that awesome! beerchug.gif

Man that is cool! drooley.gif
mittelmotor
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Dec 26 2012, 01:45 PM) *

Well, I did help that little old lady across the street, petted the orphaned puppy, etc. biggrin.gif My first 914 was Signal Orange...I agree, great color. It was almost self-luminous on a cloudy day, covered in beaded drops of water.
Tom_T
agree.gif .... that AutoArt did a great job on these. smilie_pokal.gif

I got my Light Ivory one last year to match what my 73 914-2.0 was color-wise originally & to-be-resto'ed to, but had learned if I really wanted something, to order it myself - which works fine since anything on-line my wife has me order for her anyway! biggrin.gif

One thing I did notice on them, is that they need Mark/Mikey914 to do some 1:18 scale black rubber rear shock covers for them along with his planned full-scale ones, since all colors of AutoArt's 914-6's deleted them... laugh.gif

IPB Image

.....Mark???? shades.gif
biggrin.gif

Drums66
...Off the hook! shades.gif
bye1.gif
bandjoey
Very Coool. Where can a person get one ?

However... happy11.gif
You painted over the vin compliance sticker on the door jam. Better get in on the group buy.
JmuRiz
Very cool, didn't know it had all those details!
carr914
biggrin.gif
Cairo94507
I was a little stupid last year......I have 3 if those. One in light ivory and two in Orange. I should display them all together but the orange are boxed and the white sits on my desk for me to enjoy.
mittelmotor
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Dec 26 2012, 04:23 PM) *

Very Coool. Where can a person get one ?

However... happy11.gif
You painted over the vin compliance sticker on the door jam. Better get in on the group buy.

Santa tells me he purchased it on eBay, and that one of his elves stole both the shock tower tops AND the compliance sticker! Bad elf. chair.gif

Cairo, they're so much better unboxed so you can fiddle with all the features. Steering is functional and there's a little lever by the driver's side torsion bar that flips the headlights up and down.
Michael N
The details on the AutoArt cars are great. Mine now is even missing its jack just like my real car. blink.gif I have my light ivory one in my shrine to Porsche and the Budman.

Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
Damnit, I am poor and want one really bad...NOW. dry.gif Very nice.
mittelmotor
QUOTE(Michael N @ Dec 26 2012, 05:16 PM) *

The details on the AutoArt cars are great. Mine now is even missing its jack just like my real car. blink.gif I have my light ivory one in my shrine to Porsche and the Budman.

Click to view attachment

Nice! I have a 1/32-scale version of the RS Spyder in the same scheme.
jbyron
Holy crap! That's amazing detail, so very accurate.
euro911
Hmmm ... this thread just showed up as a new post in my email Jan 14th, but the post dates on the forum are from Dec 26th ~27th? confused24.gif

I bought an ivory one for my wife last year (to match her '71 1.7L), but it's still in the box. I didn't realize the amount of detail that these actually have. Nice pix, Doug smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.