Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1972 Willow Green (original paint) olnly 26K original miles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
garyb
SOLD
BajaXJ92
wub.gif
914runnow
Yummy and kool...
I like the 8 track...!!
too bad about the Rivieras....
the steelies with the caps would be great....
thanx for throwing it on here..
Get a hold Of Pat Garvey in orig and history..
I am sure they would want info and pics on it..
Thanx Rx
tod914
Very nice! Abit of work, and that will be quite a contendor for Preservation Class. I think the PCA still does that. Have you seen the car Gary?
garyb
Yes, I took the photos today.
With just some buffing and cleaning up the interior, this car would be ready for the shows.
I havent seen an original car like this in years.
turk22
Wow, love the willow green.
Gary do you have any other pics of the engine bay?
Tom_T
QUOTE(tod914 @ Dec 26 2012, 06:25 PM) *

Very nice! Abit of work, and that will be quite a contendor for Preservation Class. I think the PCA still does that. Have you seen the car Gary?

They still have PCA Prez Class Tod, & here in Zone 8 (SoCal/So NV & AZ) there aren't many nice 914s like this one!
Pat Garvey
That is a potentially wonderful 914. I, personally prefer Zambesi Green from later cars, but this one is pretty cool. The Riv's need to go, but I would put Brazilian chromies on it for some flash, though steelies would do well.

But, hmmm. Sat for 33 years, yet still runs well?

Engine appearance needs help, but that's no biggie.

Need to know more about the hell hole, belly, and muffler/exchangers.

Nice to see that it has the proper rear snowplow.

It should clean up well.
Pat
garyb
I agree the wheels need to go.
Personally I would put a set of Fuchs on it.
As far as I could tell it seems to run good, it started right up and didn't seem to smoke.
I'm sure it will need some new rubber lines on the engine to be safe.
With a food buff and detaile job this car would be wonderful.
Tom_T
QUOTE(garyb @ Dec 27 2012, 04:37 PM) *

As far as I could tell it seems to run good, it started right up and didn't seem to smoke.

A 914 this virgin original deserves to get what was on it originally - whether Pedrini alloy's or steelies - per the window sticker/dealer invoice, COA &/or other historical documentation from when new & before the "Riviera upgrade".

However, those are the original Rivieras & with the mirror image lower-case "r" logo center caps, so they would be worth something to somebody with a less pristine original 914 who likes the 5-spoke look without requiring a 5-lug conversion, which was why Riv's were popular then. They also look to be the brushed aluminum finish (rather than polished), so they're more rare at maybe 10-25% of them in that less common finish (I have brushed original Rivs on mine since I bought it in 75).

IPB Image

So, has the seller Joey had any interst in this beauty yet?
popcorn[1].gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(garyb @ Dec 27 2012, 07:37 PM) *

Fucks would be wrong & wouldn't mate. Steelies or chromies.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Dec 27 2012, 05:21 PM) *

Add period/MY correct Pedrini alloys to that list Pat.

Chromies like on your 72 are sweet looking too, but as you've said before - not CW correct.

This one at 29k miles & this unmolested is like Steve G's Sahara Beige 73 2L, & deserves to be fitted out as original, detailed & buffed out then shown at Parade as a survivor.

Of course, the new owner will decide what they want to do.

Also, IMHO the 72 914/4 1.7 is best of the 1.7s cuz it has the 72 MY upgrades of extra dash vents & adjustable passenger seat, & tweaked shift linkages for the tail shifter, while still retaining the 80 HP - before the de-tuned 73 MY 1.7 CA 67 HP & 49 state 76 HP motors (despite the better side-shifter). Keep in mind that the 75-76 GC 2.0's only turned out 86 HP - just 6 more!
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Dec 27 2012, 05:40 PM) *

Chromies like on your 72 are sweet looking too, but as you've said before - not CW correct.

This one at 29k miles & this unmolested is like Steve G's Sahara Beige 73 2L, & deserves to be fitted out as original, detailed & buffed out then shown at Parade as a survivor.

Also, IMHO the 72 914/4 1.7 is best of the 1.7s cuz it has the 72 MY upgrades of extra dash vents & adjustable passenger seat, & tweaked shift linkages for the tail shifter, while still retaining the 80 HP - before the de-tuned 73 MY 1.7 CA 67 HP & 49 state 76 HP motors (despite the better side-shifter). Keep in mind that the 75-76 GC 2.0's only turned out 86 HP - just 6 more!

The color combo works so well. Newer rear bumper ? Beautiful car. Would love to have it.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Dec 27 2012, 08:40 PM) *

I hear what you say, but Pedrini's are so dull. Chromes were available from dealers everywhere, as were Pedrinis. Just feel that this nice 914 is screaming for some something to bring out the chrome bumpers, as the paint is kinda neutral. Doesn't need to be a full concours car to be welcomed at events.

Guess I'm getting soft in my old age, but if I bought this car I would go with chromies and crested caps.
tumamilhem
I just want to know whomever bought this car, why the hell didn't they DRIVE it?!?! Stored for 33 years?!?! WTF.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Dec 28 2012, 04:56 PM) *

I hear what you say, but Pedrini's are so dull. Chromes were available from dealers everywhere, as were Pedrinis. Just feel that this nice 914 is screaming for some something to bring out the chrome bumpers, as the paint is kinda neutral. Doesn't need to be a full concours car to be welcomed at events.

Guess I'm getting soft in my old age, but if I bought this car I would go with chromies and crested caps.

OMG Pat!!!! yikes.gif

Next thing you know, you'll be accepting those sweet AMCO leather shift knobs with the Porsche crest that all the dealers sold, just to brighten up the dull interior! poke.gif biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

What's next - hood badges!!?? poke.gif laugh.gif
914werke
An pic's of what whatever was done to the pass. side eng. bay to accommodate the (pwr?) antenna?
914runnow
"Fucks would be wrong & wouldn't mate."

So we now call this (what the Fuch's) WTF.gif
I just caught that..honest mistake
but still rolling... lol-2.gif
or have I missed some new 'Terminology'
in Hist / Orig.. confused24.gif
Happy New Year!!
Tom_T
QUOTE(914runnow @ Dec 29 2012, 01:59 PM) *

"Fucks would be wrong & wouldn't mate."

So we now call this (what the Fuch's) WTF.gif
I just caught that..honest mistake
but still rolling... lol-2.gif
or have I missed some new 'Terminology'
in Hist / Orig.. confused24.gif
Happy New Year!!

agree.gif

I saw Pat's "Mating Fucks" too, but resisted my urge to be kurr dawg! lol-2.gif

BTW Pat & all - they did mis-manufacture some early Fuchs (not Fucks) "flat-backed" without the self-centering machining on the insides which ended in p/n: ....-00 - but even the -01 ones will still fit/mate to a 70-72 front non-hubcentric hub, since it's just flat there. Pedrinis & 4-lug Mahle Baby-Gas-Burners also have the same fitment concerns, with p/n: ...-01 & the grove/step/inset around the center hole shown in the pic below required for any 73-76 914.

Here's the difference, which was a recall on the early 73 914s up thru Dec. 72 / EOY production....

Click to view attachment

I still think that a nice shiny & fully restored/repainted silver set of 70-72 (73) MY Pedrinis would look sharp & almost as blingy as Pat's suggested Chrome Steelies, although I do understand his point to tie in with the Chrome bumpers. IMHO Porsche really should've offered Chrome Steelies as an "official" 914 option - even though the dealers sold the VW & Brazilian ones too.

Pedrini -
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Hopefully this side discussion on wheels isn't a problem here, since it's a FYI of a 914 FS around & listed in the classifieds, vs. an actual FS listing by a seller?

shades.gif
913B
Congrats on the sale, that is great, what was the sold price if you dont mind me asking. Did it go back home to Germany or will it stay in the U.S.

beerchug.gif
Tom_T
agree.gif

This is another one to put into a new nailed "sales comps topic" - if we can get the sales price, date & any other details.
tod914
Someone got themselves a very nice car. Congrads on the sale.
garyb
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Dec 30 2012, 11:27 AM) *

agree.gif

This is another one to put into a new nailed "sales comps topic" - if we can get the sales price, date & any other details.

I talked to the seller this morning and I belive it sold for $18,000 and I'm sorry to say its going back to Germany.
I guess they know a great car when they see it.
Wish it was mine.
billh1963
QUOTE(garyb @ Dec 30 2012, 04:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Dec 30 2012, 11:27 AM) *

agree.gif

I talked to the seller this morning and I belive it sold for $18,000 and I'm sorry to say its going back to Germany.
I guess they know a great car when they see it.
Wish it was mine.

With the dollar being weak against the Euro and the US economy continuing to languish, the Europeans are going on a buying spree in the US. Twenty ot Thirty years ago it was the other way around.

$18,000 is only 13.600 Euro's. When you look at the cost of new cars in Germany this is a bargain.
Tom_T
agree.gif Bill.

Oddly enough, it's exactly what happened in world economics with the DM vs. the $ in the 1970's, which made 914s & all German cars not such a great deal for us, and that helped kill the 914.

The 73 914-2.0 went from $5299 POE-West Coast in Fall `72, up to over $7500 by Spring 73 - 150% for the same dang car! blink.gif

Now it's working in reverse to repatriate them back to Germany. Last I saw on Friday the Euro was around $1.34, so not quite 150% now, but it was nearly that $1.50 a couple of years ago.
tumamilhem
What are some good sites to sell a car in Germany?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.