Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beware of this e-bay auction (4502032102)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
morph
Most of us are aware of the black parts car that has been sold like a dozen or more times now on e-bay, but I would like to keep new users and those of you who are unaware of this informed, This person sells the car and then reposts it with another new user ID, he is currently using a system that keeps the bidders name private. If you look at his other auctions, It looks as if he went to a wrecking yard, took some pics of some junk classics and then posted them on e-bay. Please don't bid on this auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2&category=6430
Allan
Why would he do this? Is he actually letting people bid on this stuff, win, let them pay, keep the money and then repost under a different name?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Headrage @ Nov 8 2004, 12:34 PM)
Why would he do this? Is he actually letting people bid on this stuff, win, let them pay, keep the money and then repost under a different name?

that's what it looks like ...

<_< Andy
736conver
Always stay away from the private auctions that you must contact them first. It seems this is the "new" scam. I'm not sure what info they get from you or if they get you to pay offline. But stay away ar15.gif
GWN7
Mabey he had a bunch of non-paying bidders? And that's the reason for relisting? They probably went to pick up the car and said "Ugg, No"

If you pay with Paypal and the auction is bogus they will refund the amount you payed. It is funny that he has no feedback rating tho.....
morph
Lately he has been using a different, new ID every time he relists it, now the auctions are private
boxstr
I doubt if you will reach many bidders at this forum, I know most anyone who stops in here has more than enough savvy not to bid on whatever the seller of that ebay auction is trying to peddle.
Please give use a little more credit.
CCLINNOBIDNOPAY
GWN7
It was sold at least twice before.... Ebay #4500204308 HERE for $540 and #2496884258 HERE for $920

Same seller Id name both of those times...
Qarl
Here is the history of the seller

http://motors.search-completed.ebay.com/_W...pertyZ1QQsotrZ2
skline
It would appear that most of his cars sell more than once. I would really like to know what the real story is on this guy. Notice you may not view any of the vehicles as they are in storage but you have to pay before you can make the arraingments to come pick it up. Something is wrong here. You cant pay by PayPal, only bank transfer which is not refundable. Someone needs to investigate this guy.
GWN7
I didn't see the bank wire transfer payment before ...Hmmmm, looks like he has sold 26K worth of cars in the last few weeks and has 4 more of the same one's up for auction a 3rd time. Should net him just over 30K total.

How many crowbar hotel years would that get him in CA?
SLITS
He ran the car 4 times under a different user name. I bid on it on two of the auctions and then received an email from eBay stating not to do business with him. When he relisted under his current name I contacted eBay and asked them why they would let him continue under a different name - Oh Well. The text and images have not changed since he first listed this vehicle with the exception of the $95 paper fee.

He has always run it as a private auction and over the weekend. If you email him you will receive an answer that he has to many auctions going to answer individual emails. And no, you cannot see the car prior to bidding, even though it is near San Diego.
GWN7
Looks like ebay woke up. Auction ended early and he now has no more items up for sale. laugh.gif
balljoint
It would be an interesting way to "clean" money.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.