Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Good used or rebuilt 1.7 engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ThePaintedMan
Hello guys,
This is more of a feeler, I suppose, but I'm hoping to get some direct contact, or even another set of eyes looking out for a good, used 1.7 in Florida. After eyeing my finances and life expenses I'll have over the next year, I'm trying to find the best way to get my can running the way it should. I have considered doing a top-end rebuild, but the head work alone looks like close to $500. What I would rather do is find an economical, good running engine with solid compression numbers somewhere in Florida or very near to it. That would allow me to slowly work towards a more thorough rebuild, or possibly even a suby conversion at some point. I know that most of the $300 engine specials are only found out on the West Coast, but maybe one of you all knows where there is something comparable in Florida? Thanks for your help!

-George
no1uno
Hello George,
I have a 1.8 with 901 trans from a '75 available. It came as part of another purchase . PO told me that it had been rebuilt prior to removal. Unfortunately, I can't confirm rebuild. It has a single carb. Let me know if your interested.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.