Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: starting problems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joshporsche
I understand that there is a million different things that go on with the fuel system, here is my question
my 1.7 D-jet isn't getting gas to the place it needs to go.
on some fit-it pages they say that the fuel pump will buzz for 1-2 seconds. I don't hear a buzz but i get power for about 2 seconds to the pump, then it clicks off like it trips. No gas pumped. I sprayed gas into the throttle and my car starts, but only stays running if i'm spraying.

Any help?
oh i'm a rookie so go easy on me.
Josh
Joe Bob
Got a way to measure the fuel pressure?
TheCabinetmaker
How did you check to see if there was no gas from the fuel pump?
tod914
I had trouble with mine too at one point. You can pick up a fuel pressure gauge at an autoparts store. I hooked it up to where the cold start valve gets plugged in. There is also/should be a spot on the fuel rail where you can screw in a fuel pressure gauge. Maybe someone can reccomend the proper gauge that attaches to that. I could not find one that fit on the rail. Pressure should be around 29psi if I'm not mistaken.
cooltimes
Sounds like your pump is working normal to me but I have been wrong before :-).
Several things can be wrong. The simple things are usually the problem and don't cost anything to check.
Start with:
Gas tank has no fuel or the fuel filter is clogged.
If you have fuel and just added it to an almost empty tank, sediment is likely clogging something.
So maybe the fuel lines are clogged.

1st, Remove battery cables to prevent fire before doing anything to the fuel lines.

Loosen fuel lines at a clamp just before entering rubber fuel line enter the metal part of the fuel line also known as the fuel rail. That the metal fuel line that the injectors are fed fuel thru. Just check the side where the battery is for the fuel flow. If fuel flows seems plentiful when the rubber fuel line is removed from the metal fuel line, it's not clogged.

Beyond checking the line for fuel flow, you may also need to check the return fuel line too. I have known that to be so clogged and it will restrict the fuel you need to a tiny trickle of fuel.
Rhodes71/914
Josh did you find your problem, so many threads were people get their issue figured out but don't bother to update their thread on how they got it solved.

Sorry just a closure issue that I have.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.