Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trunk latch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
I been having some issues lining up my rear trunk edge closer up the tail light. After removing moldings and adjustment that didnt make a difference, I decided to remove the pin from the trunk and it closes and lines up nicely. Any ideas ?
Jeffs9146
Sounds like you should move the lower trunk mount one direction or the other. Put the trunk where it looks best then reinstall the upper pin and move the lower mount to match the pin location!
914itis
It locks fine , but when locked the trunk is not flushed with the fender by the light
TheCabinetmaker
The length of the pin is adjustable. Make it shorter to move trunk lid down.
914itis
I adjusted it to the lowest settings, I screwed it all the way down.
TheCabinetmaker
When you say down, that means you moved it towards the trunk floor?
Jeffs9146
You should be able to adjust the upper and lower latch plates to compensate for the pressure that is being placed on the latch pin when you close the trunk! idea.gif
914itis
Any instructions Jeff,
Jeffs9146
There are only 4 bolts that hold the latch mechanisms in place!

If you watch where the upper pin hits the lower latch you will be able to see if the pin is hitting the hole off center. If it is, you just loosen the upper two bolts and slide the pin bracket to center it and tighten the bolts again!
914itis
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Dec 27 2012, 08:24 PM) *

When you say down, that means you moved it towards the trunk floor?

Correct .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.