Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If it ain't one thing,
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ctrout
So I replaced the cluthch this past weekend and get her on the road. Old clutch was bad from the first time I drove the car so this is my first opportunity to really see what she'll do. According to the tire size calculator, I hit 109.6mph (115 on the speedo with 195 60 15s). So I'm extatic mueba.gif . I get home and park the car, go out an hour later and there is much leakage from the tranny. It appears to be coming from the area of the fill plug on top (where the vent is). Is it possible that I just overfilled it and that I'm blowing fluid at speed that is later dripping onto my garage floor?
TheCabinetmaker
The fill plug is on the top? Hmm, mine is on the side
Ctrout
So maybe I wasn't supposed to pull that plug and that's why it's leaking?
TheCabinetmaker
Which plug did ya pull?
Ctrout
Top of the case just right of center near the front. There is a vent hole that goes through the plug.
newdeal2
QUOTE(Ctrout @ Nov 8 2004, 06:08 PM)
Top of the case just right of center near the front. There is a vent hole that goes through the plug.

That's not the fill plug! It's the top one on the side.
drain the tranny so it's level with the top [side] plug. ohmy.gif
TheCabinetmaker
There is a 17mm recessed allen plug on the passenger side of the tranni about half way up. Get a drip pan, pull that plug, and let it drain till it stops. Your tranni will then have the proper amount of fluid in it. The vent hole on the top is just that. A vent hole.

Hope this helps.

cc
Ctrout
Thanks for the replies. I'll drain a bit this week when my shift linkage bushings come in. I should have ordered them with the rest of my parts. I have to adjust the valves again and do an oil change too. It just never ends does it?
TheCabinetmaker
Why would you want it to end? laugh.gif beerchug.gif
Bruce Allert
Keep yer finger crossed that the tranny fluid din't flow into the new clutch area sad.gif there'd be another clutch replacement coming up sad.gif sad.gif

.....b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.