Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm Done
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
HA!

Fooled Ya!

I'm done for the year, time to put my baby in storage for the winter.

Had some snow earlier today and some of the roads were salted. One more run to peter-patch (Peterborough, ON) to put her away for her winters nap.

I don't really have much work to do to her except the engine, any odds and sods I'll tackle in the spring. I've decided not to yank engine for the new 2.7/4 beastie, I'm going to make sure it's ready before I do that. I don't want to miss any seat time next year.

I'm going to sell the old engine (next spring/summer) once I'm happy with the new one.

Oh well....time to put my feet up at the fire and crack open a beer.gif
Ray Warren
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 8 2004, 08:52 PM)

Oh well....time to put my feet up at the fire and crack open a beer.gif

Not quite yet.
smoke.gif
rick 918-S
Well us guys may need to store our cars for the winter but atleast they ran this year. How many of you endless summer guys taked about getting their car running.... happy11.gif
Joe Ricard
Na Na na na NA!!! mueba.gif We are just getting cranked up around here. rocking nana.gif
seanery
:finger2:
TheCabinetmaker
I knew ya was screwing with us! alfred.gif

Hey, I just noticed that smilie is called Alfred laugh.gif
Howard
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 8 2004, 06:02 PM)
Well us guys may need to store our cars for the winter but atleast they ran this year. How many of you endless summer guys taked about getting their car running.... happy11.gif

We're too busy surfing, playing golf, having BBQ's, going to the track, and catching some rays. laugh.gif
GWN7
Well we don't have to buy ice for the next 6 months.

And we get to go ice fishing, snowmobleing, sking and snowshoeing.

We also don't have to cut the grass or water the lawn.

We get to have a white Christmas.

Make snow angels, have snowball fights and build snowmen.

So finger.gif

biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Nov 8 2004, 08:43 PM)

So finger.gif

biggrin.gif beerchug.gif

That's all very nice, but I hate cold, snow, and ice. Besides, we get to drive our car's all year round! driving.gif
Mark Henry
We do know how to have fun in the winter for sure!

Anyone in for whitewater canoeing in the winter??? cool_shades.gif
mharrison
Where would you sit with that beetle strapped to the canoe? It needs a massive IV in it then you can rig the paddles to the wheels!
Howard
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Nov 8 2004, 06:43 PM)

So  :finger:

biggrin.gif  :beer2:

You're right Bruce. OK if we trade houses for the next six months?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaah mueba.gif
dinomium
We have yall beat here in lovely Washington! No smog or skin cancer and no frostbite either!
We are a little pruney and have to be sure our drain holes are not plugged, but no salt on th roads and none of those pesky dental floss bathing suits either! ha!
wait, I want to take back that last one...
ohmy.gif
red914
c'mon, Dino, you aren't really going to wear one of those things on your upcoming trip, are you?

oh, wait, were you thinking of them on others? ooohhhh, that's different.
GWN7
QUOTE(Howard @ Nov 8 2004, 08:09 PM)
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Nov 8 2004, 06:43 PM)

So  :finger:

biggrin.gif  :beer2:

You're right Bruce. OK if we trade houses for the next six months?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaah mueba.gif

I've got 3 houses which one do you want?

biggrin.gif

We have a work exchange program. For the last 6 months a guy from Sydney NSW has been working here and a guy from our department has been there. Each department pays their own guy his own wage. You basicly swap jobs and citys for 6 months. I'm loooking into it for next year.
cooltimes
Igloo site is still "best spent time" links from 914CLUB.COM
Cool smilie_pokal.gif
Howard
QUOTE(cooltimes @ Nov 9 2004, 08:12 AM)
Igloo site is still "best spent time" links from 914CLUB.COM
Cool smilie_pokal.gif

agree.gif

But I think Bruce should get out more biggrin.gif
freezing14
I love winter driving and all the snow fun things you can do,, i wish we could have snow at 10C and below so we could have the snow and not the cold,, i have been to WINTERPEG instead of winipeg in february and OMG thats the only place i have ever been where the rental agency gives you an extention cord to connect your card with a card that says that if it is not plug in they are not responsible if it does not start,, otherwise on all the other months it is a great city to go visit
balljoint
Actually, when global warming kicks in I should have lakefront property and an orange grove in my backyard (well, a 20' by 20' grove). But until then the knobby tires are on the 4X4 and.........wait...............did you say you were going to sell your engine? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Okay, let me know when you are ready to do that. smile.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(balljoint @ Nov 9 2004, 07:29 PM)
and.........wait...............did you say you were going to sell your engine?   hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Okay, let me know when you are ready to do that.  :)

My 2.0 engine will be up for sale in the late spring/early summer. It has an old Scat C-25 cam, you would have to run carbs or aftermarket FI. I guesstamate about 110-120hp.

If interested you would have to PM me soon, as 2 of my bug customers are thinking about it. You would be able to hear it run in my teen before I yank it out for the 2.7.

Got to go smash.gif on Ray's engine.

smoke.gif
GWN7
There was a discussion about global warming here the other day. It has been forecast we will have winters like South Dakota in a few years.

Yippty *$%#ing do.... blink.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.