Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: audio speakers that fit in the kicker boxes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jdlmodelt
Do Polk audio speakers fit in the foot speaker boxes? The magnets look kind of deep
Bob L.
There are different models of most brand speakers. Magnet and mounting depth will vary by specific model. Most brands will have a model that would fit.
I've been out of the car stereo biz for a while but I'd bet Polk has a model that will fit. You just have to check the specs.

jdlmodelt
QUOTE(Bob L. @ Dec 29 2012, 09:42 AM) *

There are different models of most brand speakers. Magnet and mounting depth will vary by specific model. Most brands will have a model that would fit.
I've been out of the car stereo biz for a while but I'd bet Polk has a model that will fit. You just have to check the specs.

Do you know the clearance specs for the 914 speaker box?
914Eric

popcorn[1].gif

Getting ready to put new speakers in my boxes.
Mike Bellis
Morph and now Mikey914 (I think) have kick panels for bigger speakers. You will never find a quality speaker to fit and sound correctly in the factory kick panel grill.

I have my Polk's mounted in the door...
JmuRiz
For stock panels, I used infinity kappa 4x6 plate speakers (separate 4" and tweeter mounted on a plate) best overall for stock. I also have some of Morph's pods, but I might stick with the stock look.
turk22
I installed these Polk Speakers in the standard spot:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000P0R6HA/ref=pe...60_M3T1_SC_dp_4

I used the thread in the Classic forum to create a mounting plate, so they would sit straight (however they can bolted in slightly crooked and catch two of the four holes).

turk22
I'm talking about this thread, for the speaker template, worked great, and with it you can mount any 4x6 speaker I would suspect.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=54611
rnellums
I installed some Polk DXi components there with no problems, I did have to cave the heater tubes in a bit though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.