Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another CA car headed East
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Ethan sent this to me yesterday A.M. but I was so busy I missed it. Wished I could have been there to send it off. I feel good about Lew's old car, now. It's going to a very good owner. I also feel good about a CA car going to the East Coast where it will be appreciated. Sorry Scotty. biggrin.gif Let us know when she gets there. bye1.gif

Click to view attachment

billh1963
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 29 2012, 03:22 PM) *

Ethan sent this to me yesterday A.M. but I was so busy I missed it. Wished I could have been there to send it off. I feel good about Lew's old car, now. It's going to a very good owner. I also feel good about a CA car going to the East Coast where it will be appreciated. Sorry Scotty. biggrin.gif Let us know when she gets there. bye1.gif

Click to view attachment

Should be here by the end of the week (tentative 1/3)!
wingnut86
beer.gif

She's going to a good home and a growing stable smile.gif

And, there's Marine blood in that family as well.

Not AF, but he'll do first.gif

JawjaPorsche
I guess the cross-country trip was scraped. So looking forward to the adventure on this forum! At least your 914 will have 2,000 less miles on it! beerchug.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Dec 29 2012, 03:54 PM) *

I guess the cross-country trip was scraped. So looking forward to the adventure on this forum! At least your 914 will have 2,000 less miles on it! beerchug.gif

I really wanted to. Unfortunately, every weekend between now and the end of January is booked with family, work or scottyb commitments. I couldn't ask Ethan to store the car for another month or more. Shipping was the the necessary evil.
billh1963
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Dec 29 2012, 03:31 PM) *

beer.gif

She's going to a good home and a growing stable smile.gif

And, there's Marine blood in that family as well.

Not AF, but he'll do first.gif

Stable is too big...if there is such a thing. biggrin.gif

I'll be selling a couple 914's in the Spring (not Lew's car!) and "refining" my collection driving.gif
Spoke

I guess the cross-country trip was scrapped.

Good move.

A cross-country trip seems like fun. But with an old car, any number of issues could cause havoc: blown CV, brake issue, misfire, electrical issue, nasty weather, etc.

My friend bought a VW bus in Chicago. Flew there from Philadelphia to drive the bus home. Got 50 miles out of Chicago and the engine overheated and seized. He had to rent a car home and have the bus trailored back several weeks later.

I bought an '86 930 in Colorado. Flew out to see and buy it. Had it trailored back to Allentown within the week. Best $775 spent. The front-end was hugely toed in and needed some big adjustments to bring it into alignment. Not to mention driving 1500 miles w/o cruise control...

Good luck with the new car. driving.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 29 2012, 03:09 PM) *

I really wanted to. Unfortunately, every weekend between now and the end of January is booked with family, work or scottyb commitments. I couldn't ask Ethan to store the car for another month or more. Shipping was the the necessary evil.

I would have driven it back for you if I had known you were going to be a big sissy and not do it yourself. Hell, I was willing to drive mine out there just to follow you back. poke.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Dec 29 2012, 06:26 PM) *

I would have driven it back for you if I had known you were going to be a big sissy and not do it yourself. Hell, I was willing to drive mine out there just to follow you back. poke.gif

I wouldn't have been able to keep up! I think you drive too fast for me to keep pace! biggrin.gif
76-914
Did the file of receipts go with the car or is that going fed ex? Let me know what they total up to be. Shouldn't take more than an hour or two. lol-2.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 29 2012, 09:07 PM) *

Did the file of receipts go with the car or is that going fed ex? Let me know what they total up to be. Shouldn't take more than an hour or two. lol-2.gif

I think Ethan put them in the car. He also put on the new tail light lenses!

I'll get one of my boys to run the calculator! smile.gif
'73-914kid
Yup, the folder of reciepts went in the car. Im glad to see the car going to a good home.

The total price from reciepts should be pretty big i'd say.. its a stuffed folder..haha
billh1963
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Dec 29 2012, 09:37 PM) *

Yup, the folder of reciepts went in the car. Im glad to see the car going to a good home.

The total price from reciepts should be pretty big i'd say.. its a stuffed folder..haha

Thanks, Ethan. How do those new lenses look?

This couldn't have come together without the help of Kent and Ethan. Kent helped manage the transaction and kept things moving. Ethan fixed an oil leak, replaced the oil pressure sensor, and did some other work on the car. I am indebted to both of these gentlemen! beerchug.gif
'73-914kid
The lenses went on without issue, and look awesome. Its hard to beat the look of new taillight lenses...haha
oldschool
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 29 2012, 06:42 PM) *

QUOTE('73-914kid @ Dec 29 2012, 09:37 PM) *

Thanks, Ethan. How do those new lenses look?

This couldn't have come together without the help of Kent and Ethan. Kent helped manage the transaction and kept things moving. Ethan fixed an oil leak, replaced the oil pressure sensor, and did some other work on the car. I am indebted to both of these gentlemen! beerchug.gif

agree.gif The kid has help me out many a times... aktion035.gif Dude..they close our lil taco place..we to find a new one headbang.gif
billh1963
The saga ends late this afternoon in a Walmart parking lot. The shipper is scheduled to arrive this afternoon and Lew's car will be at it's new home!

Many thanks to those (Kent and Ethan and probably others) who made this possible.
I'll be posting pictures tomorrow!

piratenanner.gif
wndsnd
Oh so envious...... silver914.jpg
76-914
popcorn[1].gif
billh1963
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 4 2013, 05:18 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

Pictures will be posted tomorrow...

What a nice running car! The amount of money Lew spent on this car is incredible. I'm not exaggerating when I say he spent tens of thousands of dollars on this car. He went through multiple engines until he got his last engine from a reputable engine. I think this one was from our own ShantzMD? The receipts indicate it is a 2056 and it certainly feels more powerful than a regular 2.0.

The list of receipts reads like a "who's who" of 914world. Brakes from Eric Shea, FI harness from Jeff Bowlsby, rubber from Mark, and on and on.

The car looks very nice and it is so nice seeing a solid hell hole! The car is a little dirty from the trip so after a wash tomorrow pictures will be posted!
scotty b
Can we just get Bill his own forum here ? confused24.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 4 2013, 08:34 PM) *

I'll quit posting my car adventures. I need to drive more and post less. driving.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 4 2013, 05:36 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 4 2013, 08:34 PM) *

I'll quit posting my car adventures. I need to drive more and post less. driving.gif

NO, NO, NO. Some of us are living vicariously through you smile.gif
76-914
Bill, you have to remember that you just cost Scotty LARGE! av-943.gif lol-2.gif laugh.gif Happy to hear you approve. I'm sure Lew is smiling down on us all. It is a nice riding 914. drooley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.