Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Barter system
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ppickerell
I am interested in the concept of trading services for 914 gear. Any ideas? Criticisms? Anecdotes?
hargray2
What's your wife/girlfriend look like? lol2.gif

Just kidding. What do you mean?
ppickerell
I laser cut your pedal boards, you give me one of your (Insert tricky aftermarket 914 item from our vendor area here) thereby avoiding the tax system! Take that dubya! I turn your billet hubs in exchange for your swaybars...I use my investment in shop equipment to leverage your 914 bling! Brilliant!
ppickerell
You think I would let my daughter hang with a 914 owner? you nucking futz. wink.gif
hargray2
Billet Hubs! aktion035.gif

OK, Let's see what I've got.

How 'bout some interior trim plugs. I have a dozen or so. Whattaya say?

Seriously, I wish I had something worth a damn. All I have is some 30 something
year old German rust. sad.gif
seanery
I think bartering is a great system!
Dave-O
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Nov 8 2004, 10:11 PM)
I laser cut your pedal boards, you give me one of your (Insert tricky aftermarket 914 item from our vendor area here) thereby avoiding the tax system! Take that dubya! I turn your billet hubs in exchange for your swaybars...I use my investment in shop equipment to leverage your 914 bling! Brilliant!

I'd love to help out some fellow 914 owners who are more "financialy blessed" than i am. I need parts and i do a mean home repair smash.gif . I'm always happy to help.

David
Rusty
Trades are made here all the time. I think it's cool. smile.gif
STL914
I need parts and i do a mean home repair  . I'm always happy to help.

David, how far are you willing to travel? driving.gif biggrin.gif

Would being a former Cheesehead make a difference?
Twystd1
Swapping is the best deal in town.
The best part is ya get a chance to get in relationship with somebody new.
Many gifts have come my way from getting to know people that swap parts.
Tis absolutely the best way to create a fun hobby that only has an upside. Do it bro... Cause you will learn from it..!!!!!!!!!!

I have a spare 1.7 motor with FI and brain (core) I'll swap ya for a set of spacers for the front & rear wheels of my teener and throw in a pedal board. We will be even..!!!!!!
Maybe ya need a targa top or back glass?

How about a deck lid (trunk) and an ass load of wiper motors in ill repute?

Send me a mail with your needs if ya need used parts. I have no Bling. But I got a bunch of da leftovers from too many parts cars.

I live in Costa Mesa. Bout three hours drive if ya cruise. Cruise on down my way via PCH on a weekend and pick up whatever ya need..!!!!

Whadya think?

Twystd1
boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif

Note: Buy your upholstered goods from Dr.Evil.. Cause the guy rocks.
He B a Kewl dude and da price is right.
Joe Bob
Hmmmm....I pay sales taxes on stuff I buy.....that's it.....stuff I sell or make at work is pretty much tax free....I'm in debt to my eyeballs and deduct everything.....I haven't paid Federal and State tax since I bought a house and had kids.....

I trade all the time....if the transaction is out of State....screw CA.... :finger2:
GWN7
Free trade? I like that Idea wink.gif biggrin.gif
72914S
I do trades all the time. Once with Martin Baker,just last week w/Mike Moore. There have been others.I trade my extra parts for things I THINK I need. Been doing it for last 6/7 years. Here and on the PELICAN site. Have a feeling of trust among all these other 914 addicts.

Always up for a good trade! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.