Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Cold Start Valve
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
podiummotorsports
While doing a top end replacement of all of my fuel and vacuuum lines I figure out a way to brake off the piece the hose goes over on my cold start valve. If anybody out there has one it would sure make my day. I saw what they cost new and I got sick to my stomach.

I have a 1970 1.7L with DJET fuel injection.

Click to view attachment
euro911
I see AA want $75. sad.gif

Try Jim Ellis Porsche CLICK HERE

Until you locate one, you can reinstall the old one and bypass it - it typically doesn't get cold enough in CA to really need one.
podiummotorsports
Thanks Mark. Looks like Jim Ellis has them at a reasonable price. Also thanks for the bypass recommendation. Although it is pretty cold today. :-)
euro911
Yeah, I thought about that as I was typing. It was 41 degrees here this AM dry.gif

Call Ellis, because sometimes they are out of stock of items they show on their site.
wingnut86
Wow, that's a great price from Jim Ellis. Buy up as many as they have and hoard them biggrin.gif

Seriously, most of the online resellers list it currently for twice that or higher.

If you are a concourse buyer, that cost is reasonable for NOS in original boxes blink.gif

QUOTE(d914 @ Mar 28 2010, 05:31 PM) *

I found from my track days that yes you steer with the gas rolling on..I found out that one on a cold moring trying to coast through a difficult corner..car was pushing wide while going slow..steering didnt work, brakes werent going to do it... rolled on the throttle and it bit and turned!!! the ah ha moment came... also as much track and tire upfront that you ca get.... I know this is vastly simpified but brake and shift in straight lines, roll on throttle going towards apex....I dont autocross but I did a fair amount of track work..

tod914
You sure they are not NLA? That price seems too good to be true. They have other parts listed on that page that haven't been available for some time.
podiummotorsports
As soon as I saw the price I ordered one. We will see if they contact me to tell me they are no longer available.
Rand
Don't sweat it in the mean time. It is not an essential part. Good riddance in my opinion.
tod914
Please keep us posted if they are in stock Aaron. Wouldn't mind having a spare at that price.
euro911
QUOTE(podiummotorsports @ Dec 30 2012, 10:54 AM) *
As soon as I saw the price I ordered one. We will see if they contact me to tell me they are no longer available.
Yes, they will email you if the part(s) are NLA.
914_teener
QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 30 2012, 11:55 AM) *

QUOTE(podiummotorsports @ Dec 30 2012, 10:54 AM) *
Yes, they will email you if the part(s) are NLA.

If you come up for the New's Years Day run to GMR...I've got an extra I can give ya.

podiummotorsports
when it sounds to good to be true it probably is. Here is the response back from Jim Ellis.

Aaron,
Thank you for your order. Unfortunately, this part is no longer available from Porsche. The part number you chose is correct for a 914 1.7L, cold start valve. You may want to try www.dcauto.com. They usually have some hard to find Porsche parts. Sorry for the inconvenience.

So I am still in the market for a used cold start valve.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.