Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ok Another Dumb Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Fitton
Had my car up on jack stands for a few weeks while my wheels were being refinished. Now that I have the wheels back on my right rear shock/spring will not compress and car is sitting way too high only at right rear. I know this is probably a common occurance while on stands but how do I get it to compress down to right height?
Gint
Sounds liek your spring isn't lined up and it's hung up... somewhere. Probably not sitting in the lower perch correctly. Lift that corner back up and get a look around. It's also possible that a shaft has come out of a cv joint. Not likely, but possible.
Chris H.
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 30 2012, 09:58 PM) *

Sounds liek your spring isn't lined up and it's hung up... somewhere. Probably not sitting in the lower perch correctly. Lift that corner back up and get a look around. It's also possible that a shaft has come out of a cv joint. Not likely, but possible.

agree.gif

If your springs are not stock they may be shorter so you'll have to jack it up and guide the spring into the perch.
Gint
agree.gif Forgot about that. You'll probably figure it out as soon as you lift it back up.
TargaToy
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Dec 30 2012, 10:55 PM) *

Had my car up on jack stands for a few weeks while my wheels were being refinished. Now that I have the wheels back on my right rear shock/spring will not compress and car is sitting way too high only at right rear. I know this is probably a common occurance while on stands but how do I get it to compress down to right height?

Mine has done this too after a sustained period on jackstands. Right rear is high (moreso now that the motor is out) and I almost cannnot compress it. Visually, it seems the spring is seated OK so next thing I'll check will be the crummy shock itself.

Let us know what you find out when you dig in.

Mike Fitton
Gint had it right! As soon as I started jacking it back up I heard a pop which was the spring reseating itself correctly. Thanks for the reponses.
Nine_14
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Dec 31 2012, 06:10 AM) *

Gint had it right! As soon as I started jacking it back up I heard a pop which was the spring reseating itself correctly. Thanks for the reponses.

Gint is a genius.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Nine_14 @ Dec 31 2012, 10:00 AM) *

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Dec 31 2012, 06:10 AM) *

Gint is a genius.

He's not much to look at though. happy11.gif lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.