Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cracks in H2O 914 wheel wells
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruby914
I recall a discussion about cracks in front wheel wells, just over the radiator exhaust openings. I know my opening is small but if this is a flex and stress point I would like to reinforce the area.
I cut some doublers for the area marked in yellow but before I weld them in I would like to see where the fenders were cracking again.
Anyone recall seeing this? confused24.gif
scotty b
they crack at the corners of the cuts when people make 90* cuts. Make your edges nice and round, and as you said, I would definitely make a double/outilned edge outof some 18 gauge and make the edge thicker.

Now...tell us about that ductwork popcorn[1].gif Me likey beerchug.gif
Gint
And radiator/fan. Gotta be a suby you're working on?
scotty b
Well I just went through your thread on NARP. Nice work on the shroud. I've been dabbling with a one off fiberglass bumper so I guess a fan shroud wil be next for me. smile.gif

Mike and others

http://z8.invisionfree.com/ClubNARP/index.php?showtopic=5431
ruby914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 31 2012, 05:17 AM) *

they crack at the corners of the cuts when people make 90* cuts. Make your edges nice and round, and as you said, I would definitely make a double/outilned edge outof some 18 gauge and make the edge thicker.

Now...tell us about that ductwork popcorn[1].gif Me likey beerchug.gif

Yes Scooty all corners are rounded and the doubler will go on the far side. I think I should bend the edge of the doubler to give it a small lip and add rigidity. My plan is to tie it in to the fire wall and the horizontal shelf in the front trunk. I am sure what I have will do the trick.

One of these days I hope to revisit the idea of moving the coolant lines from the bottom center to inside the rocker panels. For one, I think, I could be using smaller ID rubber lines. Then, I keep my eye out for a new path to the forward rocker panel. I found this photo that may work but it is at that stress point again.

I see you found my NARP thread. Now my eyes are on what you're up to. shades.gif
popcorn[1].gif
Andyrew
LOVE that duct work. Thats what I plan on doing when the Audi engine gets installed.
NORD

For the hose penatrations, just weld in a tubing sleeve for each hose. welder.gif
ruby914
QUOTE(NORD @ Dec 31 2012, 11:05 AM) *

For the hose penatrations, just weld in a tubing sleeve for each hose. welder.gif

Excellent!
Sometimes it is just that easy beerchug.gif
Thanks.
ruby914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Dec 31 2012, 10:40 AM) *

LOVE that duct work. Thats what I plan on doing when the Audi engine gets installed.

Thank you and it is nice to see that Audi come together, looking good. popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.