Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tranny Leak
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bcheney
I was having look around under my recently completed 6 conversion this a.m. and was inspecting shift rod set screws for tightness. When I took off the rear cover this is what I found...gear oil came out and made this puddle...What is the source of this in your best estimation??

jimkelly
see this = posts #111 onward

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...0904&st=100
914itis
I did this last month. Easy fix! No more than an hour.
bcheney
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Dec 31 2012, 09:32 AM) *

Awesome thanks for the reference post!
mrholland2

It is very "doable" even if you are in a state of panic the whole time as I was.

QUOTE(bcheney @ Dec 31 2012, 08:02 AM) *

QUOTE(jimkelly @ Dec 31 2012, 09:32 AM) *

Awesome thanks for the reference post!

Dr Evil
Dont forget new O-ring around the outside of the console.

1- Remove fill plug (so you know you can refill it.
2- Drain tranz.
3- Remove shift rod set screws.
4 - Set tranz in neutral (you can move the shifter in/out with no resistance when in neutral)
5- Remove 2 x 13mm nuts that hold the console to the tranz.
6 - Remove the console and watch for some more oil.

To replace the seal in the console, you drive out the roll pin from the INSIDE comb and then pull the rod out. Remove the seal, replace, slide the rod back in, put comb on and roll pin it. Then, put a new O-ring on the outside of the console, make sure the sealing surface in the trans is clean in the bore, stick it all back together. thumb3d.gif
Cap'n Krusty
And don't be the guy who puts the comb on the shaft backwards. Trust me, it's been done before, and you'll feel dumb.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.