Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lite Weight???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
911st
Any one have any examples or knoladge of how far down a 914 can be taken with say, fiber glass body, no side glass, race legal roll cage, 4 cylinder w upright fan...

Can one be taken to 1500 lbs or less?

What would it take?

Thanks in advance.

Keith
newbe
Randal
The guys that mess around losing a few hundred pounds will tell you exactly what they did, but after that getting the answer is tougher than learning the winning lottery ticket in advance. rocking nana.gif

Losing weight isn't really serious, until it comes to a 914!
Aaron Cox
i think paul is down to 1500
nebreitling
i think you're right, aaron

what kind of competing do you want to do? if it's strictly AX, you can take it down pretty damn low. otherwise, check your class for any limits.

i think 16 or 1700 with a full cage, fire suppression etc. would be pretty damn trick...
machina
For a baseline,I am at 1900 with full steel bodywork and bumpers.

got:
8pt cage
lexan windows all around
alu 10gal fuel cel
gutted interior and doors

I think FG lids and bumpers might save me another 70lb or 80lb.

I don't think 1500lb is achievable with an SCCA legal club racing car. Pauls car would have to be re-assembled a bit to make it legal for Production class. I think 1700 is more realistic.
URY914
It all depends on the rules and the class you want to run in.
Mine is only an ax car and would not be legal for any road race class in PCA or SCCA.

Paul
ChrisFoley
My race car is under 1800 with 80 lbs of steel on the floor, full cage, windshield, steel fenders. So 1700 would be easy to get below.
joea9146
Check here also for some ideas.

914_Lite_Project
rhodyguy
that "lite" car was being parted out the very first time i wasted time on the internet with regards to a 914. lurking during the www.dgi.net/914 days. time flies, huh? i wonder where the engine went?

kevin
JmuRiz
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 9 2004, 09:02 AM)
that "lite" car was being parted out the very first time i wasted time on the internet with regards to a 914. lurking during the www.dgi.net/914 days. time flies, huh? i wonder where the engine went?

kevin

Ah yes, seems like yesterday when that was "the" site doesn't it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.