Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fs 1976 914 gt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
geno999
Click to view attachment

This 2.0 Porsche 914 was a very solid and rust free car and had no body damage pre restoration. The car was professionally restored and upgraded over the past year. The new steel flares were added. New GT rocker covers and valances were added as well as early style bumpers. New Martin senior base coat clear coat paint was applied. The color is Grand Prix white. The 2.0 motor was completely rebuilt and upgraded balanced and blueprinted at a machine shop with over 25 years experience on air cooled motors. And I have all the paper work. The 2.0 motor cases were machined to accept new 104MM cylinders and pistons and is now a 2455 cc motor. The Heads were completely rebuilt and machined to work with the new cylinders, fly cut and CC. New valveā€™s and guides were added and all work needed was completed. A new Web Cam # 86 and lifters was installed (Hot Street). And a new high volume oil pump was installed. The flywheel was resurfaced and a new clutch, pressure plate, pilot bearing and throw out bearing were installed. New Webber 48 carburetors were added. All new tune up parts were installed. The new motor has had 60 minutes run time on it to brake in the new cam and adjust The new Redline Weber dual 48 IDF carburetors- kit # K1296. All new brakes were installed As well as new Kumho tires 15- 225/50 on the rear and 15- 205/50 on the front. The car sits nice and looks sweet. The car is fast and fun to drive. The transmission shifts fine up or down without issue and has been driven less than 50 miles since the rebuild / restoration was completed. The interior is nice. The seats and door panels were completely reupholstered. All new custom carpet was installed throughout including the front and rear trunks. The dash has no cracks and the interior looks great and is in good condition. The weather stripping and body seals are in good condition most of which has been replaced new. All the glass was removed from the car before repainting. This Porsche 914 GT looks great and really does stand out. I have a clear clean Utah state title in hand. Please take a look at the pictures provided. There are several more pictures available showing different stages of the restoration including the professional butt welding of the new steel flares. I will be glad to answer any questions that you may have. Feel free to send me an email at: geno999@comcast.net. Or give me a call at. 801-859-6706. (I also have available all the FFI complete from cpu to the injectors.)Thank you very much for looking. asking 14k
Nine_14
Nice looking car, but i think everybody want's more pics.
Eric_Shea
Happy to do a PPI here for anyone looking at the car. More pics would be great. Let's hook up and I can see if I can help. Our new shop is at 90th and the Freeway.
vitaminC
More pics in ad at the samba. Too bad it can't be registered in CA.
Sparkysounddog
Wheel sizes? Love the color and fender flares.
geno999
QUOTE(Sparkysounddog @ Jan 3 2013, 07:34 PM) *

Wheel sizes? Love the color and fender flares.

8"x15" on rear 7"x15" on the front thanks gene
Sparkysounddog
Just got an on-line quote on shipping from Sandy, Utah to Savannah, Ga....just a little over $1k....if I flew to Utah and drove it back to Georgia.........
Sparkysounddog
Hummmmmmm....
TerrySmith
QUOTE(vitaminC @ Jan 1 2013, 03:21 PM) *

Why can it not be registered in CA?

Thanks.
Eric_Shea
Met Gene last night and had a look around the car. I told him I'd post my findings here.

First off and most important for a 914 is the tub. This is a relatively rust free tub. Amazing in fact. The longs a in great shape. The jack posts have been freshened up but I would assume that is more preventive maintainence at this point. There was nothing around either side of them that would cause any worry and, the job was done correctly. They are operational (if you cut out the rocker holes). The battery tray itself has a spot of rust along the back edge. The passengers side hell hole had some surface rust that was prepped properly (cleaned, rust-mort and POR15 if I recall). That's it! Very clean pan and floorboards. Very clean trunks. Factor in the cost of purchasing new steel flares and having someone butt weld them on (the job was done well).

Next, the mechanicals seemed to be in working order. I did not drive the car due in part to the weather etc but the car started promptly (first turn) and the engine sounded strong. No smoke or oil. Factor the cost of rebuilding a T4 (especially a big T4) and build it in to your equation. It's already been done for you. All lights and turn signals work the way the factory intended. The wheels are replicas and without driving the car, I have no idea of the condition of the tranny. Gene seems like a straight shooter so I would take his word on the condition there.

The interior has been reupholstered in a few places. The seats and door panels have been redone and look good but not factory basket weave or the distinct 76 basket weave that remains on the dash. Big deal? Naaaa... Looks good. Only a crazy 914 guy like me would probably spot it. New carpet and backpad... All looks good.

The only area of concern is the paint. While some sections look great, the hood and front end have some issues with the clear. The hood and the front fenders need to be wet sanded and rebuffed, BUT... Its all there and fresh paint. Gene mentioned he was thinking about buffing this out himself but either way, a good paint Dr. Should be ale to get the finish in order. The we're some smaller issues like overspray in the wheel wells etc. but Gene actually left it this way for the inspection so I could see that nothing was being hidden by undercoating spray. He also mentioned he was going to clean those up before the car shipped out.

I have no doubt that you could drive this car home to any destination in the ConUS.

Solid car, new motor, all mechanicals working order, needs a little paint work... Honest guy to deal with.

E.
vitaminC
QUOTE(TerrySmith @ Jan 3 2013, 10:40 PM) *

QUOTE(vitaminC @ Jan 1 2013, 03:21 PM) *

Why can it not be registered in CA?

Thanks.

76 has to pass smog, which means stock FI, cats, etc.
geno999
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 4 2013, 07:07 AM) *

Met Gene last night and had a look around the car. I told him I'd post my findings here.

First off and most important for a 914 is the tub. This is a relatively rust free tub. Amazing in fact. The longs a in great shape. The jack posts have been freshened up but I would assume that is more preventive maintainence at this point. There was nothing around either side of them that would cause any worry and, the job was done correctly. They are operational (if you cut out the rocker holes). The battery tray itself has a spot of rust along the back edge. The passengers side hell hole had some surface rust that was prepped properly (cleaned, rust-mort and POR15 if I recall). That's it! Very clean pan and floorboards. Very clean trunks. Factor in the cost of purchasing new steel flares and having someone butt weld them on (the job was done well).

Next, the mechanicals seemed to be in working order. I did not drive the car due in part to the weather etc but the car started promptly (first turn) and the engine sounded strong. No smoke or oil. Factor the cost of rebuilding a T4 (especially a big T4) and build it in to your equation. It's already been done for you. All lights and turn signals work the way the factory intended. The wheels are replicas and without driving the car, I have no idea of the condition of the tranny. Gene seems like a straight shooter so I would take his word on the condition there.

The interior has been reupholstered in a few places. The seats and door panels have been redone and look good but not factory basket weave or the distinct 76 basket weave that remains on the dash. Big deal? Naaaa... Looks good. Only a crazy 914 guy like me would probably spot it. New carpet and backpad... All looks good.

The only area of concern is the paint. While some sections look great, the hood and front end have some issues with the clear. The hood and the front fenders need to be wet sanded and rebuffed, BUT... Its all there and fresh paint. Gene mentioned he was thinking about buffing this out himself but either way, a good paint Dr. Should be ale to get the finish in order. The we're some smaller issues like overspray in the wheel wells etc. but Gene actually left it this way for the inspection so I could see that nothing was being hidden by undercoating spray. He also mentioned he was going to clean those up before the car shipped out.

I have no doubt that you could drive this car home to any destination in the ConUS.

Solid car, new motor, all mechanicals working order, needs a little paint work... Honest guy to deal with.

E.

Thanks Eric for your time it was nice to meet you and I enjoyed talking with you.
Mzalmanek
Are you the same guy that never responds to questions about oil cooler lines for 914 6's? driving-girl.gif ar15.gif poke.gif sheeplove.gif
geno999
QUOTE(Mzalmanek @ Jan 7 2013, 07:00 PM) *

Are you the same guy that never responds to questions about oil cooler lines for 914 6's? driving-girl.gif ar15.gif poke.gif sheeplove.gif

No I have never received any questions about oil cooler lines for a 914 6.
geno999
Thanks 914 world and Eric for your help.The car sold and in 90 days I will Have another ready to go...Regards Gene Rice
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.