Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does anyone restore engine relay panels?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shuie
The engine relay panel for my '71 is garbage. Does anyone rebuild these or make something similar without all of the heater and window defogger stuff? I have removed all of the heater components from the car and stripped all of that wiring out of the harness. All I need is the power supply relay, fuel pump relay, and voltage regulator provision.
Tom_T
Jeff Bowlsby does them....

http://bowlsby.net/914/WiringHarnesses/
SirAndy
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Dec 31 2012, 07:53 PM) *

Jeff Bowlsby does them....

http://bowlsby.net/914/WiringHarnesses/

I don't see anything relay board related on Jeff's site confused24.gif

There are several threads here about refurbishing the relay board. Some require re-soldering of the through connections.
shades.gif
shuie
Thanks for the info on Jeff Bowlsby.

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 31 2012, 10:02 PM) *

I don't see anything relay board related on Jeff's site confused24.gif

There are several threads here about refurbishing the relay board. Some require re-soldering of the through connections.
shades.gif

Do you have one bookmarked or can you think of someone who posted a thread like this? I do actually search for this stuff before I post smile.gif I will probably try to build a new one from the posted diagrams and available info.

Dr Evil
I would be willing to give it a go, if you cant find someone else. I have a vast electronics background smile.gif
914Sixer
I can do a stock one for you. I will not be able to reproduce the thick tar but I can seal the bottom with a new product.
chads74
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 1 2013, 08:19 PM) *

I can do a stock one for you. I will not be able to reproduce the thick tar but I can seal the bottom with a new product.

I just noticed today that the tar is falling off of my replay board. What kind of product would you recommend me using to reseal the bottom?
HarveyH
Cleaning and soldering the relay board smash.gif :
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...9&hl=solder

The Dremel tool brush I used:
Click to view attachment

Harvey

rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(chads74 @ Jan 1 2013, 08:46 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 1 2013, 08:19 PM) *

I just noticed today that the tar is falling off of my replay board. What kind of product would you recommend me using to reseal the bottom?

The tar was cracking/falling off my relay board also. I removed the tar by carefully chipping away at it really wasn't that tough to do. I cleaned the bottom of the board with alcohol and a brush. Visually inspected the solder joints, all looked good so I sprayed black " Dip It " on the bottom of the board. This is sold in many box stores like Home Depot. Originally it was a liquid that you dipped tool handles into to make a rubber/vinyl hand grip. They then added an aerosol version. I sprayed about 4-5 layers it does not build to a thickness of the original but it is waterproof and flexible. It has been working for 4 + years with no issues.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.