Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just bought a 1974 Delphi Green 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
garyb
Just wanted to share some photos of the 1974 Porsche 914 i just bought.
Hope to have it at some of the local shows this spring and summer.
Its in brand NEW condition, looks and drives like it just came off the show room floor.
If you have a Delphi green 914 please share your photos.
Thanks
Gary

piratenanner.gif
JawjaPorsche
Nice Score! beerchug.gif
billh1963
Very nice.....how did you find this beauty?
reharvey
Very nice! Enjoy
JRust
pray.gif Beautiful! Congrats
Cracker
Gary - Congrats on that score! It looks like a beautiful car. New Years is certainly good for you!

Cracker
Mike Fitton
Beautiful car, take good care of it now. I don't have a Delphi Green one but here is my '74 in Alaska Blue metallic:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
garyb
Very nice.
I like the Porsche stripe.
beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Two very nice cars. They look best when they look stock.
wndsnd
Great cars. Two great colors.

I hate the color threads because with mine in the paint shop I keep changing my mind!
Tom_T
Both very nice examples!

Gary - why not bring it up to the PCA Zone 8 Concours before the Annual Banquet in Pomona on 1/19 for a dry run? I'll be judging there, but sans my 914.

Then later in 2013, make sure to bring it to the OCR on in June, and LAR at the Greystone Mansion is always great.

Also, your color combo appears on this book cover....

Click to view attachment

first.gif

Happy New Year to All! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Socalandy
WOW, Thats a great looking 914, one of my favorite colors. Congrats
jdlmodelt
B-E-A-U-tiful! Great job, man!
garyb
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Dec 31 2012, 07:48 PM) *

Both very nice examples!

Gary - why not bring it up to the PCA Zone 8 Concours before the Annual Banquet in Pomona on 1/19 for a dry run? I'll be judging there, but sans my 914.

Then later in 2013, make sure to bring it to the OCR on in June, and LAR at the Greystone Mansion is always great.

Click to view attachment

first.gif

Tom
///////

Thanks Tom, I'll take it to the Concours at Pomona.
How do I sign up.
Thanks
Gary
Gint
Nice! That's one of my favorite color 914s.
sixnotfour
Gary , Great 914 first.gif
tod914
Fantastic find Gary! Know you've been looking for a very nice example for a while. Paintwork looks perfect. Interested in seeing more photos and hearing more about it. Not a bad way to start off the new year. Great looking car too Mike.
Black22
Nice ride!!!! First time I saw a Delphi '73 I thought he owner was pulling my leg by telling me it was a stock color! I REALLY like that color!
abnrdo
Gorgeous!! smilie_pokal.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 1 2013, 04:11 AM) *

agree.gif
charliew
Thats a really nice looking 914. I hope it stays that way a long long time.
Tom_T
QUOTE(garyb @ Dec 31 2012, 08:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Dec 31 2012, 07:48 PM) *

Both very nice examples!

Click to view attachment

first.gif

Tom
///////

Thanks Tom, I'll take it to the Concours at Pomona.
How do I sign up.
Thanks
Gary

Gary & anyone else interested in the upcoming PCA Zone 8 Concours, Banquet &/or Justice Brothers Museum Driving Tour, here are the links & info. from our Z8 Rep Tom Brown, see below.

If you're not a PCA member yet, then sign-up online at the main PCA website - $46/yr for Panorama & local region magazine monthly, 20% discount ate Porsche dealers, + events, etc. is well worth it IMHO. And they even love our old 914s now! biggrin.gif

http://www.pca.org/Membership/JoinPCA.aspx

"Zone 8 Awards Party, Concours & Driving Tour

Brought to you by Porsche of Downtown LA

January 19, 2013

The 2013 Zone 8 Banquet is just around the corner. There will also be a driving tour to the Justice Brothers Museum, a Concours d’Élégance, and—of course—dinner with early 911 collector and filmmaker Magnus Walker as guest speaker.

All events will be on January 19th and they will be located either at the Sheraton Fairplex (http://www.sheratonfairplex.com/) or the nearby convention center.

601 W. McKinley Avenue, Pomona, CA 91768

Register online at: http://zone8.motorsportreg.com

Get your hotel rooms NOW!

Sheraton Rooms: $99.00 room rate by January 3.

Booking info: mention “PCA” when you call 888-627-8074

Driving Tour to the Justice Brothers Museum

Event sponsor: Porsche of Downtown LA

Come with us for a fun afternoon drive on twisty mountain roads followed by a terrific private museum tour. The Justice Brother’s have a long and varied history with automobile racing. In fact, they started their company from the proceeds of a race car that they built and raced themselves. They went on to assist with the founding of NASCAR and continue to sponsor race teams to this day. They are one of the biggest in automotive lubricants and they credit that to automobile racing being “in their blood”.

Driver's Meeting 12:30 PM, Sheraton Parking Lot

Departure 1:00 PM

Registration Fee: $10 per car

Zone 8 Concours

Concours – our “parade” of beauty, the show of shows, our prized possessions looking their very best. Adding to the excitement, this event will be indoors, with the cars then forming the backdrop for the banquet; the perfect ambience for the evening.

Registration Fee:

Concours: $35.00

Display only: $10.00

Late Fee: $10 after Jan 12.

http://zone8.pca.org/events/2013/01Jan/Z8_...s_1_19_2013.pdf

Event Schedule: 12 pm Car Placement, 2:15 Judges meeting, 3:00 pm Judging

Awards Ceremony during the Banquet

Zone 8 Awards & Recognition Party

Dine amongst the cars of the Zone 8 Concours! Entertaining us once again will be Emcee Scott Mann, who will also provide the DJ for dancing. Those of you who went last year know what a great job he did; you may also know him as Mr. KPCA, the voice that brought us the terrific radio station that was broadcasting during Festival of Speed. Join your friends for a great evening of fun and frivolity! Special Guest: Kurt Gibson, PCA National Past President. VIP Speaker: Magnus Walker of “Urban Outlaw.” Awards! Door prizes! Friends and family! Party! Let’s start the New Year right!

Dress code is casual; this is a party!

Registration Fee: $55.00 per person (same as last year!)

Schedule: 6:00 PM Reception, 7:00 PM Dinner

http://zone8.pca.org/events/2013/01Jan/Zon...t_1_19_2013.pdf

Register for all three activities at:

http://zone8.motorsportreg.com
"
Jamie
QUOTE(garyb @ Dec 31 2012, 06:03 PM) *

Its in brand NEW condition, looks and drives like it just came off the show room floor.
Thanks
Gary

piratenanner.gif

Looks like new for sure! Delphi Green(L99A) was considered a custom color and only available in 73~74 for an additional cost of $209. I have the window sticker from my Dad's original dealer purchase, but Mom named the color "urine yellow" because he bought the car without asking her first! Enjoy it and take care of that dayglow paint!
Ferg
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jan 1 2013, 02:16 AM) *

agree.gif

agree.gif agree.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Ferg @ Jan 1 2013, 07:04 PM) *

agree.gif

agree.gif agree.gif

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(Jamie @ Jan 1 2013, 06:59 PM) *

QUOTE(garyb @ Dec 31 2012, 06:03 PM) *

Thanks
Gary

piratenanner.gif

Looks like new for sure! Delphi Green(L99A) was considered a custom color and only available in 73~74 for an additional cost of $209. I have the window sticker from my Dad's original dealer purchase, but Mom named the color "urine yellow" because he bought the car without asking her first! Enjoy it and take care of that dayglow paint!

It's actually not a custom color per se - Porsche just charged extra for metallic paints & black, as do some mfgrs today. The other solid non-metallics were no up-charge.

Custom colors were paint code 99 where you pick any color to match customer sample, or 98 for any other Porsche offered color code from any MY - with the former most expensive ($450 in 73 MY IIRC) & the latter was a bit less ($350 IIRC).

And this "urine yellow" color as your Mom calls it biggrin.gif is back again - or close to it - as seen on some new Beetles in the past few years! biggrin.gif
Johny Blackstain
smilie_pokal.gif
mettelman
Hemmings did a feature article on your car
http://www.hemmings.com/hsx/stories/2012/0...n_feature1.html
mettelman
You can order a reprint of the Hemmings issue that featured your car on the cover. The story has more photos
Tom
this car is for sale on Samba already.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1416555
rjames
Wow. That's a nice 914.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Tom @ Jan 16 2013, 01:05 PM) *

WTF.gif
That's odd, cuz he just got it!!?? huh.gif

...and he's got it entered for Full Concours in the Zone 8 Concours this Saturday 1/19 at Pomona Fairplex too.

So I guess interested parties could come see it there, if he's still coming.
... links for the event are posted a few above this one.

popcorn[1].gif
billh1963
QUOTE(Tom @ Jan 16 2013, 04:05 PM) *

Thought he was going to put it in shows this spring and summer per his post? Oh well...another flipper on the loose.
billh1963
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 16 2013, 06:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom @ Jan 16 2013, 01:05 PM) *

WTF.gif
That's odd, cuz he just got it!!?? huh.gif

...and he's got it entered for Full Concours in the Zone 8 Concours this Saturday 1/19 at Pomona Fairplex too.

So I guess interested parties could come see it there, if he's still coming.
... links for the event are posted a few above this one.

popcorn[1].gif

Flippers are strange birds, indeed.... dry.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 16 2013, 03:54 PM) *

Thought he was going to put it in shows this spring and summer per his post? Oh well...another flipper on the loose.

Too bad it's not a 76 Bill, we'd see you on it faster than flys on....well you know! lol-2.gif poke.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 16 2013, 06:56 PM) *

Too bad it's not a 76 Bill, we'd see you on it faster than flys on....well you know! lol-2.gif poke.gif

No...out of my price range for a 914. Plus, I would be scared to drive a car that nice. A retired guy needs a car like this that so they can assuage their OCD behavior. lol-2.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 16 2013, 04:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 16 2013, 06:56 PM) *

No...out of my price range for a 914. Plus, I would be scared to drive a car that nice. A retired guy needs a car like this that so they can assuage their OCD behavior. lol-2.gif

Naw, the retired guys actually have time to drive theirs daily if they want! laugh.gif

I'll bet you'd drive a "modern" 20XX DD worth twice that, just get good insurance for agreed value from Hagerty, etc. ...then driving.gif
markyb
that dude probably started reading all of our posts, got an idea of how much work it is to keep that car in shape! I saw this car for sale somewhere online a few months ago, can't remember where or for how much. She's a beaut...

I'm partial to green too, I have a Cyber green (New beetle color) ''65 split bus, and a legend lime '06 Mustang. this would have been a perfect addition to my green collection.
has anyone here heard this car run?
Madswede
QUOTE(RobW @ Jan 1 2013, 08:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Ferg @ Jan 1 2013, 07:04 PM) *

agree.gif

agree.gif agree.gif

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif

Well sirs, I for one do not agree! poke.gif

OK, ok, that really is a gorgeous car, I mean it.

I would only add that the 914 (IMHO) also looks great as long as it is modified the way Porsche engineers themselves woulda/shoulda stirthepot.gif done themselves if they coulda.

But enough, I digress. Gorgeous 914! Congrats on that buy. first.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.