Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: We'll be in Palm Springs, CA. incase anyone wants to hang out
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
Sandy and I and our son Aric and his wife Ani picked up Sandy's new ride from Sean Molloy's shop. Sean helped us put together the deal. My son just finished up a 1/4 of his LPN classes and did well. So were having a little retreat for a couple of days. Aric and Ani will fly out of San Diego the morning of the 4th and Sandy and I will be heading to Vegas. We'll post a couple photos as we go if anyone cares to follow along.

We left Sean's shop and drove to the Ocean. That means Sandy and I have been to the Atlantic and Pacific ocean's in the last two months. Long Island to San Diego! beerchug.gif
76-914
This weekend?
mrbubblehead
im only 45 minutes from palm springs. let me know if and when you guys get together...
rick 918-S
Hey guy's! We check in 1/01/13 and check out the morning of 1/04/12. So the evening of the 2nd or 3rd could work. If you think of a place to meet up or know of a place in Palm Springs you like and want to set up a meet let me know.
Elliot Cannon
Drink an "orbitini" for me. beer3.gif My wife and I will be there next month for the modernism show.
Rick,
Too bad I missed you in Palm Springs..Maybe next time..Have a great New Year.
Take Care,Alan smile.gif

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 31 2012, 08:54 PM) *

Hey guy's! We check in 1/01/13 and check out the morning of 1/04/12. So the evening of the 2nd or 3rd could work. If you think of a place to meet up or know of a place in Palm Springs you like and want to set up a meet let me know.

Rick,
Also some great places to eat..Lulu's and Trio On Palm Canyon.Shanghai Reds,Escena Golf Club & Restaurant.Neat Mid Century Building And Views..
Have A great Time..Alan

QUOTE(914 @ Jan 1 2013, 08:02 PM) *

Rick,
Too bad I missed you in Palm Springs..Maybe next time..Have a great New Year.
Take Care,Alan smile.gif

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 31 2012, 08:54 PM) *

rick 918-S
Thanks Elliot and Alan,

We arrived today. There's a place called the crazy coconut. They have a banner with a two burgers, two fries and two drinks for $ 20.00. Claim is it's the best burger in town. Try it, you will not regret it! drooley.gif

I had an Orbitini for you Elliot! beerchug.gif
sean_v8_914
how's the choke thingy ?
ConeDodger
How are you driving back Rick? If you're coming through Reno I want to offer a bed, several beers for Sandy and all the Olly and Lena jokes she can stand... biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Jan 2 2013, 09:11 AM) *

how's the choke thingy ?

The engine runs nice with the choke wired open. It starts right up in the morning with no effort. It's still rich but runs nice. I'll dig into it when we get home.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 2 2013, 10:40 AM) *

How are you driving back Rick? If you're coming through Reno I want to offer a bed, several beers for Sandy and all the Olly and Lena jokes she can stand... biggrin.gif

Thanks for the invite Rob. We are leaving Palm Springs in the morning and heading for John Peterson's place in Vegas. We get to stay in the 914 room Friday night! aktion035.gif We plan on taking in the Joshua Tree National Forest again on the way. Then if things continue as planned we are heading into Durango to Mike and Mary Moorman's new house for Saturday night. Sunday we plan on heading over the Million Dollar Highway to the Ginter's house. We have to check out the tail dragger. Then it's points East Monday-------> driving-girl.gif
rick 918-S
We had a visit tonight from So Cal Andy, Karen and Rocket. We had a great time taking 914's and walking through the main drag and checking out the swap meet and vendors that lined the streets tonight.

Here's our vistors!

Click to view attachment
Rick,
Looks like you guy's had a great time..To bad we were not out there then.I was out there the week before..Have a safe drive back home.. Take Care,Alan
VegasRacer
Rick, Sandy and the Samurai has safely arrived in Vegas.

Rick says Durango sounds doubtful for tomorrow. Grand Junction is a more likely route. The Suzuki is running well, but the top speed of 55 makes a long drive even longer.
Gint
Whoa! That's gonna take a while. Thanks for the update John. Yeah, I wouldn't go through Durango either. Did they leave this morning?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 5 2013, 05:41 PM) *

Whoa! That's gonna take a while. Thanks for the update John. Yeah, I wouldn't go through Durango either. Did they leave this morning?

Too bad Durango was not in the route. The menu was/is Beef Tenderloin, 1997 Silver Oak (Napa) and bananas Foster. We will do our best to get through dinner without you guys.... biggrin.gif

Travel safely Rick and Sandy.

Cheers!
rick 918-S
Wait until I tell Sandy what we missed for dinner! slap.gif Seriously, We had to regroup and stay on the main highways. The trip from Vegas to Grand Junction took 11 hrs. wacko.gif The soft top and Cali T stat is not the best combination after the sun goes down. It got very cold in the cabin.

While we were gone we had an issue with our house we need to address. We need to cut our trip as short as possible. Sorry we couldn't spend time with both Mike and Mary in Durango and we had to roll past the Ginters today.

We started out around 8:00 am MT and arrived in North Platte, NE around 8:00 pm CST We leave early in the morning from here and plan to make it to Albert Lee for one more stop over.

The Zuzi is slow but will make the trip. Once home it will serve Sandy as her daily driver. If we want to travel long distance we have other cars but this is her little toy.

Zuki's are awesome in the snow and in town it will be great on the hills.
VegasRacer
You're not making time, but you are making distance.
Happy trails & safe journey good buddy. driving.gif
Kansas 914
WOW!

The things you do to have story to tell - I love it! You have had some great cross country adventures for sure and this one adds to the list.

Continue safe travels - cheers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.