Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Damn its quiet around here
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
This place is almost as dead as rennlist when you guys are sleeping.

Wake up east coast. boldblue.gif
URY914
I'm here.
ChrisFoley
So am I. smile.gif
tdgray
Present biggrin.gif
machina
that makes four of us.

we can play poker. beer.gif
tdgray
QUOTE(synthesisdv @ Nov 9 2004, 04:47 AM)
that makes four of us.

we can play poker. beer.gif

Naw,

Let's talk 'bout 'em behind thier backs <_<
crash914
quit yer bitchin.....been here for over an hour already....
jim912928
I'm on to!
crash914
I just realized that you have to uncheck the box for daylight savings time......it should be automatic...da*n admins.....
TheCabinetmaker
Can't be automatic. Some places don't use daylight savings time.
tdgray
QUOTE(crash914 @ Nov 9 2004, 04:59 AM)
I just realized that you have to uncheck the box for daylight savings time......it should be automatic...da*n admins.....

Good thing you put that * in there or you might feel the great wrath of the "radio edit" God.

Whose dumb A$$ idea was that :finger2:

Oh and that brings up a great conversation piece we can flip each other off :finger2: but you just can't type it.

Oh and GOOOOOOOOD Morning East Coasters biggrin.gif
ChrisFoley
Dave,
How's your car going? Will you be ready to race this weekend?
I used to run my ITB car with a 3 quart Accusump and never had the oil light come on. The engine was a pre-windage tray vintage.

Herb,
Did you find some rockers to swap out the siezed ones?

Be thankful there is a DST checkbox. biggrin.gif
dralf
boldblue.gif
Iam awake, but being a novice, not much help in the repair department.
machina
Installed deep sump last saturday and ran it. Seemed OK but its impossible to tell on the road. Tried a couple on and off loops but we won't know till this weekend.

Thought the tranny was just overfilled and bleeding from the vent but it looks like the input shaft seal. Car is back up in the air, gonna change the seal before saturday. Trying to work on the car a couple hours/day, gotta keep clients happy, or at least not mad.

This weekend is our largest vintage race of the year. Should be fun. Last year it was sponsored by Jaguar but this year its just us wanna be's. So no free dinner.
crash914
Chris....got some rockers/shaft coming...

The motor sounds good running on 3 cylinders...it was getting better and better as I wore in the rocker shaft... wacko.gif

I also got the megasquirt dialed in better. I went from 4 squirts alternating to 2 simultanious...also need to recurve my CHT...

I guess I need to use the * key more....as in

sh*ft, c*ming, etc.......don't get me wrong...I love the admins....it is just, WTF is the BBS or Forum gone????? Now I am back in the garage...?????
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(synthesisdv @ Nov 9 2004, 08:12 AM)
Thought the tranny was just overfilled and bleeding from the vent but it looks like the input shaft seal.

This weekend is our largest vintage race of the year.

I've never ever had tranny fluid come out the vent, so the input seal is probably the culprit. It should be pretty easy to replace once you pull the box.

Is that the HSR Daytona season finale? I know a guy from Massachusetts who has been there with his teener, an orange and white paint job. Mike something or other; I'll remember his last name soon.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(crash914 @ Nov 9 2004, 08:16 AM)
sh*ft, c*ming, etc.......don't get me wrong...I love the admins....it is just, WTF is the BBS or Forum gone????? Now I am back in the garage...?????

Seems to me that in the garage any language should be tolerated. Just like the girlie pics.
This place needs an upstairs for the people that get offended easily. laugh.gif
machina
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Nov 9 2004, 08:20 AM)
Is that the HSR Daytona season finale? I know a guy from Massachusetts who has been there with his teener, an orange and white paint job. Mike something or other; I'll remember his last name soon.

No, its the vintage race at Moroso in West Palm Beach. Called the Palm Beach Sportscar Classic.

It is a joint event by SCCA Florida Region and the VDCA (Vintage Drivers Club of America)
skline
I just got back from a morning run, traffic is starting to pick up on the freeway so it wont be long and the rest of the west coast will be here to keep you company too.
tdgray
QUOTE(skline @ Nov 9 2004, 05:26 AM)
I just got back from a morning run, traffic is starting to pick up on the freeway so it wont be long and the rest of the west coast will be here to keep you company too.

wink.gif Just as long as they don't say the same thing I say every morning as I am getting in the shower.

D*mn can't believe I get up this early <_<

Ok Ok I will quit beating this dead horse.....soon. <_<
VegasRacer
Pacific time zone checking in. wavey.gif
ClayPerrine
ohmy.gif Look what you did now!!! You made a bunch of noise and woke them up!!!
Part Pricer
I'm glad to see that someone else is annoyed with this -radio edit- nonsense.

So, we can't use -radio edit-, but we can use this :finger2:
URY914
QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Nov 9 2004, 06:46 AM)

...we can't use fuck,

But we can use "a fuck."

It all depends on how you use it. biggrin.gif

Paul
Joe Bob
7am....coffee time at the office...
Lou W
it's to early, I'm going back to bed biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(mikez @ Nov 9 2004, 07:05 AM)

Zois.. you are just getting up? Man are you lazy!!! How about you give me your phone number and I will call you when I get to work in the morning. Lets see.... 6 am in Dallas is what, 4 am in LaLa land? Good. I can call and wake you up so you aren't so groggy when you get to work. biggrin.gif

(GUbmnt workers need to be awake. After all, we pay for them with our taxes)
Meredith
I finally made it out of bed. My alarm wasn't set to go off for another hour. Now I'm bummed. sad.gif

Mer
Aaron Cox
just woke up myself....in computer lab class at the moment.
:sleepysmiley:
McMark
Good Morning World! Another bright and early 11 am morning. *YAWN* Ahh look, a package from Pelican came "during the night". laugh.gif
McMark
Oh and shit fuck damn ass bitch. Right?
Joe Bob
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 9 2004, 08:22 AM)
QUOTE(mikez @ Nov 9 2004, 07:05 AM)

Zois.. you are just getting up? Man are you lazy!!! How about you give me your phone number and I will call you when I get to work in the morning. Lets see.... 6 am in Dallas is what, 4 am in LaLa land? Good. I can call and wake you up so you aren't so groggy when you get to work. biggrin.gif

(GUbmnt workers need to be awake. After all, we pay for them with our taxes)

Bite me Microlimpboy....

7am is when get to the office and abuse people....I'm up at 5:30 kicking my kids outta bed, feeding the four dogs, three cats and then I get to sit down and drive to work....it's actually peaceful because the rest of the shovel leaners don't wander in until 8..... bootyshake.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.