Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vacuum hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
I'd like to replace all the vacuum hoses on my '71. Does anyone besides AA do a kit? Thanks, Mark
Nine_14
For shure the hoses are sold in different diameters by the meter.
Cut your own, it's cheaper.
podiummotorsports
Nine_14 is correct. I just purchased one from AA and when I received the kit there where many pieces that weren't needed so it seems like there was a little waste that I paid for. Also I needed one piece that was longer and I went to a local VW part supplier and they had the exact vacuum hose I purchased from AA. Wish I would have done a little more exploring.
poorsche914
On the other hand, I purchased a vacuum hose kit for my 2.0 Djet and every hose was there as well as a diagram showing what went where. Just because it's from AA doesn't make it a bad product or without value. dry.gif

driving.gif
sfrenck
Always wanted to try Silicone - read the Crusty one said it was OK but wasn't available in the correct sizes

See Post 14 Club vacuum hose question

Found this supplier, but with the minimum length requirements I don't know if they're cheaper than AA - though the hoses could be in your favorite color!
Silicone Vacuum Hose
Nine_14
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jan 1 2013, 05:34 PM) *

On the other hand, I purchased a vacuum hose kit for my 2.0 Djet and every hose was there as well as a diagram showing what went where. Just because it's from AA doesn't make it a bad product or without value. dry.gif

driving.gif

AA Do same as i told, they buy the hoses by meter, cut the different lenghts and sell it in a bundle.

No hoses are manufactured in short pieces, they all came by meters (from a drum)

wingnut86
Pelican sold me a complete kit last year.

PM me for details...
442nd914s
I did alot of research and ended up buying the AA kit. Most online places had a 1 meter min on each hose. Buy the time you add it all up AA was beter for me. To some people it might make the difference, but the AA hoses are marked MADE IN GERMANY and are cloth exterior. One downside is their diagram wasnt accurate. I had to refer to the "Originality" forum here to correct the mistakes. Pelican's web site had a couple mistakes on their diagram also. Atleast for my 2.0lt. AA's hoses are good and snug, I dont have to worry about slipping off.
Just my 2 pesos
Tom_T
I think Pelican & Ecklers/Automotion/PP also sell the various hoses cut to varying lengths individually, for which you can measure yours by diameter & length to order them one-by-one.

Also VW & other suppliers sell them by the meter or foot, as noted above.

Depends on how much work you want to do - AA kit, pre-cut bits or lengths.

IIRC AA is the only place that has pre-dyed the fabric outsides to the OE color as used from the factory - if that matters to you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.