Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Side mirrors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mtndawg
I have a recently got a new car that has 2 broken vitaloni mirrors...I can't believe that the original mirrors are $100+ for one that is in mediocre shape. I need a set of mirrors or 2 replacement bases for my vitaloni mirrors. What are some options?
DBCooper
Used Vitaloni's are about $20 in the classifieds section here or on e-Bay. That's about all they're worth, but if your car's already re-drilled for them they're probably your best choice. Alternatively you can adapt some other car's mirrors, but keep in mind that not all mirrors fit the nearly horizontal mounting position of the 914, so it's best if you can find a thread describing someone else's work, to know going in if it's viable and how much work.
tracks914
Or you can do a bit of an update and do what I did.
Here is what I did.
Mirrors
ConeDodger
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Jan 2 2013, 06:14 AM) *

Here is what I did.
Mirrors

Holy Crap Doug! Dial down those torsion bars! Everyone's looking up your skirt! av-943.gif
Rand
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 2 2013, 07:26 AM) *

QUOTE(tracks914 @ Jan 2 2013, 06:14 AM) *

Here is what I did.
Mirrors

Holy Crap Doug! Dial down those torsion bars! Everyone's looking up your skirt! av-943.gif

laugh.gif that was my first thought too. Even though I was trying to admire those mirrors....I kept getting distracted by that.

But those mirrors remind me of the later RX7 mirrors. I've posted before about how much I love those on a 914.
Rand
ConeDodger: I just realized, those front fenders are not common. A complete mismatch. The unusual design exxagerates the appearance of high ride height even more.

Ok, distraction over. I don't get the front fenders, but I love those mirrors!
tracks914
Ha ha those pictures were taken just after I assembled the car. Within 2 days it was dialed down and aligned.
Here it is at factory ride height.
Fenders are just FG flares added. (and I love it. bootyshake.gif )
Rand
laugh.gif Much better now--- both the ride height and the lighting. The exposure on the other photo tricked me - didn't look like a front GT fender to me.

Now we just have to talk about that rear spoiler. poke.gif

Kidding Doug. Nice looking car. And back on topic - great looking mirrors. I remember admiring your mirror project from back when.
smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.