Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.2 Six Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nine_14
Have you ever seen this ?

rhodyguy
what's the blue thing?
Cairo94507
Kind of resembles a stock air cleaner for a Six....a little. Oil tank up front....why would someone do that? Unless they think that by moving the oil tank up front it will also cool the oil as it travels back and forth. That has merrit but it looks wierd.
Nine_14
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 2 2013, 06:43 PM) *

what's the blue thing?

Airbox ?
sixnotfour
Make sure the supply line is at least 22- 24mm, Its along way to the back off the car. Its a 911 tank.
looks nontyp, but will work.
JmuRiz
It's a 911 oil tank mounted up there, because it's WAY cheaper to get a used 911 tank than a stock-mount 914/6 tank.

The ones I've seen in the past are usually hacked into the rear trunk (1/2 above and 1/2 below the trunk bottom).

Works just fine, but it doesn't look as polished and nice as a stock tank.

edit: yes the blue thing is a painted stock 911 airbox for weber carbs.
Nine_14
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jan 2 2013, 07:17 PM) *

It's a 911 oil tank mounted up there, because it's WAY cheaper to get a used 911 tank than a stock-mount 914/6 tank.

The ones I've seen in the past are usually hacked into the rear trunk (1/2 above and 1/2 below the trunk bottom).

agree.gif
flash914
Not an hijack, But could one of you point me to the plans- thread for the build it yourself alumin tank. Thanks Gordon
DEC
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jan 2 2013, 07:17 PM) *

edit: yes the blue thing is a painted stock 911 airbox for weber carbs.

agree.gif but my opinion is that's the badest option because
the oil tank is much to low and under the engine level
DEC
QUOTE(flash914 @ Jan 2 2013, 09:56 PM) *

Not an hijack, But could one of you point me to the plans- thread for the build it yourself alumin tank. Thanks Gordon

PM sent
scotty b
That's um...." special " ......... unsure.gif

the extra part, as noted, is an air cleaner assy for Solex/Webers. The blue just adds to the "special-ness " here barf.gif

This is the front side
sixnotfour
That's um...." special " ......... unsure.gif

don't be a hater
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.