Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hesssiiiitttaaation....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
martinef1963
Help anyone - I have a 72 914-4 and lately is hesitates while I'm accelerating - regardless of cold or hot. Also have an electronic ignition (no points), but find that there is a "ping/backfire" noise coming from the engine compartment - did I mention that there are days when it is running just fine?

- thanks.... wub.gif
Bleyseng
Carbs or FI? Dual carbs or Single webber? Type of distributor ? stock? 009?

Geoff
Rhodes71/914
We need more info - engine, FI? Carbs?
Bruce Allert
Welcome to the Club wavey.gif
Is your 72 a 1.7, 1.8 or 2.0?
Your problem could be a number of different thangs. Is it timed dead on? Valves adjusted properly? Kinda sounds like it might be running lean if it has a slight backfiring & the pinging could be the timing. There will be other chiming in any moment with a miriad of other things it could be including going to Brad Anders web site. Do a Google search with Brads name & look there. It's information that is top notch.

..........b
Rhodes71/914
I'll make it easy for ya, if'n you have a D-jetronic FI here is Brads sight, has helped me tons.
You should still ask questions here to.

D-Jet Info and Trouble shooting
martinef1963
For those of you that have responded so quickly - thanks. Here is the requested info: it is FI 1.8L.

I just drove it from Atlanta to Miami this past month. It has been sitting for a year (custom paint, interior, rubber)

I love the dran thing, but I want it to be a little more "easy going" on my wallet.....

thanks, headbang.gif
rhodyguy
fuel filter? long sit followed by a long run.

kevin
Bleyseng
Maybe the A/F vane is sticking.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.