Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Side mirror screw size: Update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
Anyone know the size/type of the stainless screws for the factory side mirrors? I need some new ones and would assume they can be bought from a non-porsche source confused24.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Not on my shop computer where my pet so can't look it up, but its the same as the screws holding the latch mechanism on the doors

There is a free down load of the factory PET somewhere here. Its invaluable
Cap'n Krusty
6 x 12 mm, raised, countersunk. The "raised" means an oval head, not a flat one. Hard to find on the aftermarket. 914 531 523 10. The PET sisc is available from your friendly local dealership. They probably have to order it. It's around 11-12 bucks.

The Cap'n
billh1963
Thank you...I need 4!
DBCooper
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jan 2 2013, 02:48 PM) *

6 x 12 mm, raised, countersunk. The "raised" means an oval head, not a flat one. Hard to find on the aftermarket. 914 531 523 10. The PET sisc is available from your friendly local dealership. They probably have to order it. It's around 11-12 bucks.

The Cap'n

Good Lord, 11-12 bucks APIECE? This screw, M6-1.0 x 12 mm Phillips Oval Head Metric Machine Screw DIN 966A, A2 Stainless Steel, 100 pcs? IPB Image

At industrial suppliers they're $18 per box of 100, so 18 cents apiece. For example Fastener Mart, HERE.

I need two so I'll try the local Fastenal. If they don't have stock I'll order a box of 100, cheaper than buying two screws at Porsche.

Eric_Shea
McMaster.com

All day long...
Hammy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 4 2013, 12:56 PM) *

All day long...

S'all I do smoke.gif
bandjoey
Someone here like A&P girl or 914 Rubber sells the original screws. Check vendors.
mepstein
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jan 4 2013, 05:33 PM) *

Someone here like A&P girl or 914 Rubber sells the original screws. Check vendors.

A&P's are $13/set shipped.
billh1963
I ordered a box of 100. Anyone need some? lol-2.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 4 2013, 06:03 PM) *

I'll take a couple. I'm putting a passenger side mirror on my car at Scotty B's. Hold them aside and we'll settle up soon. Thanks
scotty b
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 4 2013, 04:13 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 4 2013, 06:03 PM) *

I'll take a couple. I'm putting a passenger side mirror on my car at Scotty B's. Hold them aside and we'll settle up soon. Thanks

You're not going to work on a group buy with Bill ? poke.gif

Bill, I'll probably buy what you don't want for future jobs. I'm trying to start stocking up on new s.s. screws and bolts for various applications. You'll see when you get up here shades.gif
DBCooper
I don't need a whole box. If you're buying a hundred could I get 8 from you (two mirrors, two cars)?

Thanks
billh1963
I'll have plenty! If they match the Porsche originals everyone is welcome to get in on the action. smile.gif
Eric_Shea
Mirrors and door latch plates, both sides. Keep 18-20 for yourself.
billh1963
Screws fit perfectly! For those who want some, paypal as a gift what you think they ae worth (certainly not a bunch biggrin.gif ) and I'll mail some out. Limit 4 per customer until I run out (I have around 50).

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
euro911
I could use 4, Bill. PM me your Pay Pal address
DBCooper
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 16 2013, 07:01 PM) *

I could use 4, Bill. PM me your Pay Pal address

Me too. Thanks.
bluhun
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 16 2013, 03:14 PM) *

Screws fit perfectly! For those who want some, paypal as a gift what you think they ae worth (certainly not a bunch biggrin.gif ) and I'll mail some out. Limit 4 per customer until I run out (I have around 50).

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I'll take two as well!
Jeffs9146
I would love a couple of those so put me down for two and let me know how much to ship to 94505 (almost local) and I will send you something!
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 4 2013, 02:56 PM) *

McMaster.com

All day long...

agree.gif

I will also add
Metric and multi standard components
Metric screws
flippa
How much was the box of 100 and where did you buy it Bill? I might grab a box & share if with my friends up here. smile.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(flippa @ Jan 17 2013, 09:44 AM) *

How much was the box of 100 and where did you buy it Bill? I might grab a box & share if with my friends up here. smile.gif

Look at the links provided in the post. Shipping is the painful part.
Dinobx
Hey Bill,
I'm up in Canada, any chance you might ship four up here to me?
It will probably cost a bit more to ship, but of course, I'll pay the additional amount for shipping.
Thanks.
Dino

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 4 2013, 07:03 PM) *

billh1963
Sold out! smile.gif

Gave around 50 to Scottyb and kept 10 for myself. Sold the remaining 40 in just a few hours. Can't believe how much demand there was. Still waiting for a couple of stragglers to pay; however, this GB is closed. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.