Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear fender cutouts that need repair.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jdlmodelt
Have a look at these, Mike and anyone else with rear fenders to spare.Click to view attachment
jdlmodelt

a pic of the right side fender area.
yeahmag
How's the rest of that car look? Might be worthwhile to source a tub from the south west.
TargaToy
That looks pretty doggone awful...like maybe the obvious missing cut-outs are not your biggest problem here. Probably just the missing tip of the iceberg.
tscrihfield
agree.gif

That looks like the north end of a southbound mule!

On the upside are those mag slots I see mounted on this car? If so, I think you might have a nice set of wheels on your hands!

Thomas
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Jan 2 2013, 08:51 PM) *

agree.gif

That looks like the north end of a southbound mule!

On the upside are those mag slots I see mounted on this car? If so, I think you might have a nice set of wheels on your hands!

Thomas

I'm new to the 914 world so I don't know exactly what the wheels are.
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Jan 2 2013, 03:34 PM) *

How's the rest of that car look? Might be worthwhile to source a tub from the south west.

I thought I might put it all back together with repairs to the fenders and a minor quality paint job and use it as a beater car
Eric_Shea
I thought I might put it all back together with repairs to the fenders and a minor quality paint job and use it as a beater car

Um, yeah. No. biggrin.gif

There's a ton of cool 914 guys in your neck of the woods that would be happy to evaluate and give you some advice. That looks like a TON of work though. What happened to the tail light cutouts?
balljoint
That is probably a lie. Eric is not cool and therefore could not be an authority on the subject.

And as for 914 owners in Colorado?!?

unsure.gif

Eric_Shea
(wrong again woodcutter... see below my avatar) dry.gif
balljoint
So what? Who pays attention to what is noted under our Avatars?

unsure.gif

Yer still not cool.
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 2 2013, 09:49 PM) *

Um, yeah. No. biggrin.gif

There's a ton of cool 914 guys in your neck of the woods that would be happy to evaluate and give you some advice. That looks like a TON of work though. What happened to the tail light cutouts?

Cmmon' a poor boy resttoration project with my 13 year old son! Or a custom body kit? Or original. I have a pro body guy who will do the fender repairs for me. The car has been media blasted in a lot of places to check for integrity. I'll get more pics when I unload it from the livestock trailer that I used to bring it home in. :-)
r_towle
QUOTE(balljoint @ Jan 3 2013, 12:11 AM) *

unsure.gif

Yer still not cool.

Excuse me, but what exactly are you doing posting outside of the sandbox?
Did you get permission to log in from the guards?

I believe you may need to get your meds again and keep in the confines of the sandbox so the "normal" folks can rag on the new guy with the 914 problems...

BTW, Eric is not as cool as he thinks.

Rich
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 2 2013, 10:46 PM) *

QUOTE(balljoint @ Jan 3 2013, 12:11 AM) *

unsure.gif

Yer still not cool.

Excuse me, but what exactly are you doing posting outside of the sandbox?
Did you get permission to log in from the guards?

I believe you may need to get your meds again and keep in the confines of the sandbox so the "normal" folks can rag on the new guy with the 914 problems...

BTW, Eric is not as cool as he thinks.

Rich

That's funny!

That's
Gint
From what I can see there James, that thing is barely a parts car, let alone worth throwing money at it. For the money you'd pay for fenders you could buy a better tub.
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 3 2013, 06:14 AM) *

From what I can see there James, that thing is barely a parts car, let alone worth throwing money at it. For the money you'd pay for fenders you could buy a better tub.

Thanks Gint. I'll post some detailed pics when I get it out of the trailer. How much can a good tub be found for?
rick 918-S
Lets not get hasty there fellas. there are a ton of rusty rollers with good quater panels but the chassis is toast. If the car has a solid chassis that has been media blasted and checked out replacing a couple of quarter panels and a tail light panel is no big deal.

Lets see those other photos. idea.gif

jdlmodelt
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 3 2013, 07:34 AM) *

Lets not get hasty there fellas. there are a ton of rusty rollers with good quater panels but the chassis is toast. If the car has a solid chassis that has been media blasted and checked out replacing a couple of quarter panels and a tail light panel is no big deal.

Lets see those other photos. idea.gif

Thanks Rick,
I'll get to it this weekend. Maybe tomorrow.
r_towle
Those cut outs are most likely for fender flares that may have been removed.
Consider buying some fiberglass fender flares off ebay, riveting them in place (search here for pics of that look...Woody has his car like that)
Then you may be in a faster place to get moving on the car...

rich
brant
how do the longitudinals (jack points) and hell hole look...

if there is significant rust on these unit bodies, it impacts the rigidity of the car and can cost thousands to repair correctly.
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 3 2013, 08:09 AM) *

Those cut outs are most likely for fender flares that may have been removed.
Consider buying some fiberglass fender flares off ebay, riveting them in place (search here for pics of that look...Woody has his car like that)
Then you may be in a faster place to get moving on the car...

rich

sweet idea! I think I'll do that!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.