Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flared Front Spoiler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jfort
I would like to achieve something like this. Can't find a vendor. GT-Racing.com has a flared front spoiler, but it has a cut out for an oil cooler, which I don't have. Think about buying it none-the-less and modifying it to look like the picture. Comments? Any other ideas?Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
I think your idea to modify the GT Racing Valence is the way you'll have to go...
ernestj911@gmail.com
this one is really cool.Click to view attachment
carr914
I think Getty makes one
pete-stevers
Glass n resin are fun to work with....!! biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Get an oil cooler! wink.gif
PanelBilly
While your at it, make one for me
ruby914
QUOTE(ernestj911@gmail.com @ Jan 10 2013, 10:11 AM) *

this one is really cool.Click to view attachment

I have the same spoiler on my flared car. I Cropped off an inch from the bottom and flared it.
In order to do this, I mounted the spoiler to the car and Gorilla glued some EPS foam to the area I wanted to flare. I use EPS because I have a lot of extra and I can cut it with a hot wire.
I used the flared fender as a guide to cut, sand and shape the foam. If you use EPS foam you will need to use epoxy resin. Polyester resin will eat EPS.
If you go to a Michaels or some art or flower shop they may have something that I think is polyurethane foam. Rigid polyurethane foam can be used with polyester resin. I have also seen people use spray foam but it's a bit soft and not so easy to shape.
What I am thing of is green or white and has big open cells that may need to be filled with body filler before you glass over it.
Be sure you sand and clean any surface you want the resin to bond to.
Good luck.
Mike
DEC
Click to view attachment

My modified LE version
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.