Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Thanks guys!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IM101
Hey guys,
Just wanted to give a general thanks and shout out to the 914world in general. I recently got engaged over thanksgiving to my girlfriend of 6 years. My only form of income right now is coldwater914.com and some great customers on this forum. Because of them and this forum in general, I was able to squirrel enough cash away to buy a ring (crap those little specks of rock are expensive). So thanks 914world, I have learned a lot and been inspired by all of you.

-Ian

Here is a shot of Anna and my hopefully soon to be finished 914/subaru conversion.

Click to view attachment
carr914
Congrats!

and Thanks to 914World Harmony - the World's Rustiest Dating Service
jimkelly
guess we can't call you PLAYA anymore smile.gif

if she is anything like my funny little honey - she probably will never understand why you are so into 914s

lastly - i like the use of the mirror in the garage - makes it look like you are more parts than you actually do biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
We can still call him PLAYA just not in front of Anna! evilgrin.gif
Chris H.
Congrats Ian!
JawjaPorsche
Congratulations! She is a real beaut! Your fiancee too! biggrin.gif
tod914
Congrads Ian, pretty lady you have there smile.gif Nice website btw.
r_towle
Congrats,

Cool site for the subaru conversion parts.

Are you planning to solve the engine management issues with a bolt in kit of some sort?

Rich
JRust
Man that looks familiar! Oh right that is because the pic is taken at my house evilgrin.gif . It would be a good idea to get that conversion going man. I do have a move coming in my future & no guarantee I am going to have the space idea.gif . Just something to keep in mind my friend smile.gif . Hopefully I will have space enough we can share. Time will tell
76-914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 3 2013, 11:58 AM) *

Congrats,

Cool site for the subaru conversion parts.

Are you planning to solve the engine management issues with a bolt in kit of some sort?

Rich

Ditto on the congrats and on Rich's question.
ottox914
Congrats- good to have the girl and the car! Nice that she knows about your 914 addiction early on.
IM101
Thanks a lot for the kind words guys. haha and I will keep that in mind Jamie, thanks to you especially for the hospitality of your barn biggrin.gif.

As to the posed question; I have given it some thought and I may do something along those lines in the future. For now my focus is on completing the kit, ie: shifter solution, cooling etc. then i will dive into the electrical side more I think.

For now there is already a couple solutions out there for engine management, with small car performance providing instructions for the most every stock subaru ecu out there for around 200$. Also other options are out there for aftermarket plug and play systems (out front comes to mind).

-Ian
GeorgeRud
On one of my first 'dates' with my wife (now of 33 years), she helped me bleed the brakes on my 914. It's good to find out if they're a 'keeper' right away. smlove2.gif

Congrats!
VRROOMM1
i got my first 914 from my wifes brother thats how i met her that was 22 years ago wow!
brant
cool picture
she is a keeper if she puts up with this hobby!

good website
I hope to find a shell and buy parts from you this year!

andys
Wow, very nice......the car's not bad either.

Andys
IM101
haha, cool to hear about all the 914 related relationships. We didn't meet through anything 914, just in high school, but she is a pretty cool girl, she is exited to get to drive away in it at the wedding that's for sure =)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.