Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guess where I'm working now
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ripper911
Remove the .com from your browser and add headquarters.
happy11.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jan 4 2013, 11:04 AM) *

happy11.gif

IBTL

chowtime.gif
G e o r g e
ILBT

w00t.gif
7TPorsh
let's see. 914worldheadquarters

oh oh
7TPorsh
QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Jan 4 2013, 11:22 AM) *

ILBT

w00t.gif

I Like Big T*ts too
tod914
Good luck ripper! I'd love to rumage through that parts wharehouse and see what's hidding in there. When you get some free time please post some shots of the gems George has sitting in his showroom.
mepstein
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jan 4 2013, 02:04 PM) *

happy11.gif

I'm sorry for your loss...gain...whatever. sad.gif
So, George is now in the Funeral Business too??

IBTL because ILBT!!
IronHillRestorations
...must....not....reply........must....not....reply........must....not....reply.....
...must....not....reply........must....not....reply........must....not....reply.....
carr914
Sorry for your move - I'd rather work with Dead People than George!

Let us know when you regain your senses
blitZ
OMG, George died and is being entombed in his 916?
eric9144
Please tell us you're there to embalm him! cheer.gif
76-914
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Jan 4 2013, 01:19 PM) *

Please tell us you're there to embalm him! cheer.gif

bootyshake.gif bootyshake.gif bootyshake.gif that's too funny!
jsayre914
Cool!

piratenanner.gif
I would love to deal with 914's all day
Cap'n Krusty
Oh, great. Another E-bayer selling rusted, busted, crusted, or otherwise inoperable parts for exorbitant prices. Say it ain't so!

The Cap'n
ripper911
I'm finding the parts that are ordered so they can be shipped to all of you wonderful customers! And of course making a list of what I need for my own cars...
I'm usually the only one here that drives a 914, but George is driving a nice orange one today! :drool:
Dr Evil
Time to sort out all of the lightened race fans with removed blades for faster spinning poke.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jan 4 2013, 05:55 PM) *

I'm finding the parts that are ordered so they can be shipped to all of you wonderful customers! And of course making a list of what I need for my own cars...
I'm usually the only one here that drives a 914, but George is driving a nice orange one today! :drool:

Ripper,

George made a great move hiring someone who know's 914's. I hope he pays you well for customer issues that comes with the job. Enjoy yourself and sneak a few pictures of NOS parts to 914-world so we can drool. drooley.gif

We need to see George's stash. popcorn[1].gif

Tom
SLITS
sad.gif

Sad to see you went to the darkest side!
jsayre914
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jan 4 2013, 05:55 PM) *

so, your not on the phone if we call? It would be cool to order direct with you.

smile.gif
carr914
Click to view attachment popcorn[1].gif beer3.gif
rfuerst911sc
If you don't mind how about telling George to eat shit and die for me........thanks.
ripper911
Where else can you be around 914's, including GT's and a 916 everyday? I do what I can to find the best used parts when needed, but it's first come first serve, the best go first.
Krieger
Careful guys. You've got this backwards. George is very smart. He hired Mr. Ripper to spy on us...
Dr Evil
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jan 4 2013, 10:07 PM) *

Where else can you be around 914's, including GT's and a 916 everyday? I do what I can to find the best used parts when needed, but it's first come first serve, the best go first.

But the adds describing the quality of the part doesnt change poke.gif you just get the lower quality part.
mepstein
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 4 2013, 10:56 PM) *

QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jan 4 2013, 10:07 PM) *

But the adds describing the quality of the part doesnt change poke.gif you just get the lower quality part.

Dr Mike - You mean trust and integrity is important? What the hell is wrong with you?
carr914
Last time I checked Dr doesn't have a GT - a M471 but not a GT
ripper911
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 4 2013, 11:10 PM) *

Last time I checked Dr doesn't have a GT - a M471 but not a GT

Yeah, I thought about that after I posted last night... But you have to admit that he has some bad-ass 914's!

Also, it's not like he's going to list every used part on the site with an exact description of it's cobdition. They've always said that used parts arent perfect, new ones are available for more $$$.

The ebay stuff is getting more organized every day, and he always tells me not to grab parts I wouldn't put on my own car, I'd like to think I'm helping the situation.

Oh well, we all know what people think about AA. The truth is that George loves these cars and I'm glad I can help him.

I held off on posting about it because I knew the response I'd get, I wasn't wrong.
Cairo94507
Hope springs eternal. I am a die-hard optimist.
DBCooper
I'm stunned to hear this, things have really changed. Five or six years ago when we were still Club I was chastised for speaking badly of George's customer "service," was told that "bashing vendors," ie any negative comment, should be verboten. That's changed but I STILL have a couple of members on my "ignore" list because of that. Yeah, I know, get over it, but still... well done 914 World!
carr914
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jan 5 2013, 08:44 AM) *

I'm stunned to hear this, things have really changed. Five or six years ago when we were still Club I was chastised for speaking badly of George's customer "service," was told that "bashing vendors," ie any negative comment, should be verboten. That's changed but I STILL have a couple of members on my "ignore" list because of that. Yeah, I know, get over it, but still... well done 914 World!

But he's not a Vendor here piratenanner.gif
DBCooper
It was explained to me that NO vendor should be criticized on the board, no matter what they'd done. Kind of defeated the idea of going to forums if you can't share experiences, but that was the message. Like I say, that member's still on my "ignore" list, and it's refreshing that attitude didn't carry the day.
cwpeden
Started to read the thread and thought WTF blink.gif "ripper914" is working at AA.

Double take. Oh "ripper911". Any relation? happy11.gif
carr914
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jan 5 2013, 02:17 PM) *

It was explained to me that NO vendor should be criticized on the board, no matter what they'd done. Kind of defeated the idea of going to forums if you can't share experiences, but that was the message. Like I say, that member's still on my "ignore" list, and it's refreshing that attitude didn't carry the day.

I just re-read all the Posts & nowhere did I see anyone Bashing AA. Lot of people beating up on George for Good Reason. Believe I would gladly do business with AA if George were to sell out to someone that cared about Customer Service
Al Meredith
Congrats, Kevin, say Hi to George for me . Tell him the six project has been put back because my Son is building a Boxster racecar for next season. Al
rhodyguy
good for you, congrats. now there will be some one to write ad copy that doesn't make me wince when i read it and not sandbag us. the young guns at work will prob grow to hate you when the names are written on a white board and yours has 0 transaction complaints in the row.

tell george this...if with some guidance from someone who REALLY understands why many of us don't buy there and shit gets squared away, i'll give the firm some biz again.
bandjoey
Glad you're doing something that makes U happy! Don't sweat the past (U were not there) and keep 914s moving forward for us. beerchug.gif
rnellums
Seems like a great opportunity to improve AA's reputation!
DBCooper
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 5 2013, 11:48 AM) *

I just re-read all the Posts & nowhere did I see anyone Bashing AA. Lot of people beating up on George for Good Reason. Believe I would gladly do business with AA if George were to sell out to someone that cared about Customer Service

I didn't say "bashing", I said criticizing. Verboten.
Rusty
So, what do you do for George?

Cut out VIN tags and sell them with the title on eBay?
tscrihfield
QUOTE(rnellums @ Jan 5 2013, 05:26 PM) *

Seems like a great opportunity to improve AA's reputation!

agree.gif

I have never had an issue with George... But I've also not bought too much from him. As far as customer service, he gave me a piece that was stamped but unfinished for my door sill and didn't charge me. He knew that I didn't need the entire piece and gave me a deal when I purchased other parts. I know that many don't care for the guy but we need to see this as a great opportunity for us. Let's face it, he does have a huge amount of the parts we all need to keep our cars on the road.

Congrats on the new job! I hope it works out for you and the 914 community!
carr914
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jan 5 2013, 09:06 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 5 2013, 11:48 AM) *

Take a Chill Pill Dude!
Mike Bellis
IBTL

biggrin.gif
DBCooper
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 5 2013, 09:15 PM) *

QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jan 5 2013, 09:06 PM) *

Take a Chill Pill Dude!

Ha ha ha, you telling someone ELSE to take a chill pill! Good one, T.C., will do. beerchug.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.