Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Worn slotted/vented rotors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
My ATE rotors on the 911 that have the atomic symbol looking slots on them are getting worn.....can they be turned and then reslotted?
redshift
Hold on.. have they been surfaced? You added the slotting?

I have no idea.

M
Joe Bob
They were slotted from the manufacturer....but good try goatboy.... wacko.gif
SLITS
Mike you ought to know damn well that if they are within spec you could reslot them if you have a mill. If you have to pay, you might want to consider a new set as the machining cost could be quite high for "one off".

OR

Send them to Dr. Evil - he could prolly hook you up with a machine shop in TJ. rolleyes.gif
redshift
QUOTE(mikez @ Nov 9 2004, 09:04 PM)
They were slotted from the manufacturer....but good try goatboy.... wacko.gif

Van Goat, to you... mad.gif Bunnyman!

hah! with the -radio edit- you buy, they were probably molded!

M
TimT
see my reply on flying rat board... if you have worn to the bottom of the slots... buy new rotors..
Joe Bob
SLITS....you are missing the point of my question....IF the slots are gone....are they out of spec......I'm freaking lazy and don't feel like getting a caliper in there....
SLITS
QUOTE(mikez @ Nov 9 2004, 06:14 PM)
SLITS....you are missing the point of my question....IF the slots are gone....are they out of spec......I'm freaking lazy and don't feel like getting a caliper in there....

Sorry Mr. Zois - I thought a guessing stick (sliding venier) would be within your capabilities, even after a case of Sierra Nevada barf.gif . So, to make it easy, if the grooves are cut to the depth of the minimum resurfacibility, then replace them - but as you know - if you're a real racer you don't use brakes anyway - Ya hit'em NASCAR style.

Uh Oh - here comes the politics
Joe Bob
I get up before dark, get home after dark...kids homework....3 hours work on the house...the only break I get is at work.....

I CAN take the wheel off....mike the rotor and figure it out myself....just wanted to know if anyone had BTDT......guess not..... monkeydance.gif
SLITS
Ah take it easy - it's early in the evening - the rest of the yokesters are still joining in.

So, you do your best work in the dark huh? wink.gif
Joe Bob
I'm easy....just fuckingtired of the house remodel....it's been two years.

One would think that if you slotted rotors...they wouold be to the past use level....they have only been on for three years....three DEs, about 8 AXs....
SLITS
Well, you are keenly aware that the minimum thickness is set to prevent warping and cracking under heat. It doesn't mean they won't work, but.....................,
Joe Bob
I don't think they are worn yet....I will mike them and let ya know....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.