Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914's aren't the only Porsche's going to Europe!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
Picked up this '87 3.2 G-50 Carrera last Friday because I miss tail draggers (my first three Porsche's were 911's). I have never been a targa fan; however, I thought I might grow into it. driving.gif

Well, the more I thought about it the more I realized that I was trying to convince myself to like something I really didn't want. I have always preferred the 911 in coupe form. So, I put the 911 up for sale and it sold in a couple of hours to a dealer from Rotterdam. The money is already in my account.
Those Europeans sure do like buying air cooled Porsche's (pre-'88) over here!
wndsnd
My 88 Targa was so nice. I miss it sad.gif

Only had it for a couple months, sold it for the 930 and though you never will forget a 930, the Targa was just sweet.

billh1963
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jan 4 2013, 04:28 PM) *

My 88 Targa was so nice. I miss it sad.gif

Only had it for a couple months, sold it for the 930 and though you never will forget a 930, the Targa was just sweet.

Would love to have a 930! I've just always been scared of the potential $$'s for maintenance.
ConeDodger
I sold my 84 Carrera last year... No arguement whatsoever about the price.
balljoint
So then what will the car sell for over there?
Nine_14
The 911 G-Models are most wanted in Europe cause of the well known reliability.
Most wanted with the g50 tranny.

Later model 964 is cheaper. Good G-Models are nearly in the same price range as 993 models ( I like them, body design looks great)

The 996 is unwanted and very cheap cause the known engine issues.
(Ugly too in my view) Many cars in the range of 100.000km have the second engine in the back.

Keep this nice Targa in your garage, it will not loose worth and after time, i hope u like the targa feeling.
billh1963
QUOTE(Nine_14 @ Jan 4 2013, 04:45 PM) *

The 911 G-Models are most wanted in Europe cause of the well known reliability.
Most wanted with the g50 tranny.

Later model 964 is cheaper. Good G-Models are nearly in the same price range as 993 models ( I like them, body design looks great)

The 996 is unwanted and very cheap cause the known engine issues.
(Ugly too in my view) Many cars in the range of 100.000km have the second engine in the back.

Keep this nice Targa in your garage, it will not loose worth and after time, i hope u like the targa feeling.

Nine_14
I am with you, the 993 is my favorite 911 too, sounds, as you are not far away purchasing the next one. Hope u find the best. smile.gif
biosurfer1
Oh man, you sold that 993 C4S??!I would regret that too, beautiful car!
scotty b
damned flippers are the bottom feeders of the car world dry.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 4 2013, 08:17 PM) *

damned flippers are the bottom feeders of the car world dry.gif

For sure! I don't fall in that category.... smile.gif

This is the first car I have bought and sold so quickly. In fact, I sold it for little more than what I paid for it. It was bought on a whim and once I thought about it I realized it wasn't for me. My conscience is clear. rolleyes.gif

914Sixer
It's funny how thing go back and forth. In 1971 when I was in the Army in Germany the hot thing to do was buy a used 911 and bring it back to the US. I brought back a wicked 1967 911S. I drove it for a year and sold it for twice what I paid for it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.