Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carpet Alternatives
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
I am taking out the center console to give me some more knee room. Plus I kinda like the open Lambo Muira look with the flat dash and floor. Also taking out heat so heat lever is coming out. Just going to be the shifter.

I'm going to have to get new carpet for the center piece and new floors since they are cut up and worn out. So I am thinking get something nice.

The current stuff I see available doesn't seem much better than the universal stuff the FLAPS sell. Spots wear out with little effort. WTF is a Perlon?

I look through hot rod magazines and see those guys using Mercedes loop wool? Does it come on a roll?

Can really nice carpet be bought for these cars? or raw material that an upholsterer can make a pattern and bind edges.

How would a shift boot attach? What does an early car look like wothout the console, etc? Ideas? Pics? Appreciated

Spoke
I bought an entire 914 carpet kit from someone recently. All pieces fit nicely. Don't know who supplies them. The seller didn't use the kit and sold it to me for like $100.
tod914
You can definetly get raw material and do them yourself or had them made. Maybe source the material you like and have it shipped to Morph or someone like that if you don't want to cut the patterns yourself. Perlon = felt and won't last. The imported German loom might be a good choice. Along with a pair of Coca matts to take the brunt of the wear.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.