Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is the value of these 914's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Type 47
I know the cost of each of these projects will never equal the real market value, but I just need to get an idea of what each would be valued at when the project is finished.

Scenario 1: rust free, media blasted, completely disassembled, show quality paint. original interior with new carpet, no tears in seats, excellent dash pad, etc. 2.0 liter engine w/62k original miles. 1975 with back dated bumpers, nice ATS wheels.

Scenario 2: most of above only with LS1 Corvette engine conversion with widebody flares, updated suspension, brakes, trans, seats, etc.
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(Type 47 @ Jan 4 2013, 10:46 PM) *

I know the cost of each of these projects will never equal the real market value, but I just need to get an idea of what each would be valued at when the project is finished.

Scenario 1: rust free, media blasted, completely disassembled, show quality paint. original interior with new carpet, no tears in seats, excellent dash pad, etc. 2.0 liter engine w/62k original miles. 1975 with back dated bumpers, nice ATS wheels.

Scenario 2: most of above only with LS1 Corvette engine conversion with widebody flares, updated suspension, brakes, trans, seats, etc.

Are you building it just to sell it? Either way seems like a waste to me. Never could understand why people do that. If not, why would you care what its worth? I only get curious about prices when I know I need to sell something. Ignorance is bliss smile.gif Build what you think you'll enjoy more, not which one you think is worth more, IMHO.

Also kinda depends on the car - if its an original 2.0 with numbers matching, wouldn't that be something more worthwhile to keep original? My car on the other hand is a dime-a-dozen 1973 1.7. You could slap a vespa engine in it and the value wouldn't change much. biggrin.gif
timothy_nd28
14-15k LS1 with flares---9-12k for 2L with good restoration
914Eric
QUOTE(Type 47 @ Jan 4 2013, 07:46 PM) *

Scenario 1...$25,000.
Nice original car; Goes up in value.

Scenario 2...$10,000-$15,000.
I guess it might be worth more if there is a race car class that it could fit into, but other than that, who'd really want it?

carr914
Less with the Chevy Motor
Type 47
Are you building it just to sell it? Either way seems like a waste to me. Never could understand why people do that. If not, why would you care what its worth? I only get curious about prices when I know I need to sell something. Ignorance is bliss smile.gif Build what you think you'll enjoy more, not which one you think is worth more, IMHO.

Also kinda depends on the car - if its an original 2.0 with numbers matching, wouldn't that be something more worthwhile to keep original? My car on the other hand is a dime-a-dozen 1973 1.7. You could slap a vespa engine in it and the value wouldn't change much. biggrin.gif

No I'm not building it to sell it...I just want to know how upside down I will be on one versus the other and what I would be insuring it for.

the car is original, low mile, numbers matching, and has been kept in a garage most of it's life...unfortunately (as discovered in the media blast) it was in a wreck early in it's life.

QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Jan 4 2013, 07:55 PM) *

14-15k LS1 with flares---9-12k for 2L with good restoration

bummer...I'm already past the high end of the 2.0 value and the car is on a rotisserie with everything in boxes and a lot of bodywork yet to be done.

good thing is I've already got a rebuilt LS1, just need about $15k of parts to make that work sad.gif

QUOTE(914Eric @ Jan 4 2013, 08:00 PM) *

Scenario 1...$25,000.
Nice original car; Goes up in value.

Scenario 2...$10,000-$15,000.
I guess it might be worth more if there is a race car class that it could fit into, but other than that, who'd really want it?

Even though it's going to have some excellent bodywork and paint, it will still show evidence of the wreck in it's past...so maybe not $25k

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 4 2013, 08:12 PM) *

Agreeded...but it will do a burnout the length of a football field instead of a football
Type 47
Thanks for the input...I've decided to be badly upside down on the 2.0 resto versus insainly invested (?) in a conversion that may or may not end up being as fast and fun as my Z06.
914Eric
QUOTE(Type 47 @ Jan 4 2013, 09:37 PM) *

Even though it's going to have some excellent bodywork and paint, it will still show evidence of the wreck in it's past...so maybe not $25k

Yea...sorry...missed your comment about it being in a prior wreck.
carr914
QUOTE(Type 47 @ Jan 5 2013, 12:37 AM) *

Agreeded...but it will do a burnout the length of a football field instead of a football

Til the Tranny grenades itself blowup.gif
Type 47
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 5 2013, 10:53 AM) *

QUOTE(Type 47 @ Jan 5 2013, 12:37 AM) *

Til the Tranny grenades itself blowup.gif

Anybody try to put a T-56 (Vette, Viper, Stang) in one of these?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.