Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S 1970 914-4 $6500
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Porschewagon
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentI no longer have the time or energy to put into this car. It's in VERY nice shape. No rust in the tub. This car is all original from what I can tell (but I'm no expert) Original fuel injected 1.7 litre motor with the correct era parts and accesories. Minor oil leak from the push rod tubes and seems to be a transaxle leak from the front seal. Paint is glossy, and body is sraight but is not the correct original green color done by the PO. Car starts and runs great. Trans shifts good, but is a bit slopy (I don't know if this is due to the tail shift or if something needs attention.) Overall IMOA this is a very nice car. Price is $6,500. I will get more pictures if someone is really intersted. Thanks for looking.
Porschewagon
I have not included enough detail on my post as I have seen in other ads so here is more info. I will also try to get more pics when the weather is nicer so I can pull it out of the garage.

The good:

Original 1.7litre FI motor as far as I can tell
Some fuel lines replaced in rubber
Rebuilt pedal cluster (what a fun job this was, roll pin was a SOB)
New coil
Both rear brake lines have been replaced with rubber lines
New break lines for the front included but not installed
New window scraper rubber both sides
New sail rubber both sides
New "Porsche" logo floor mats
Newer tires
No rust under any mats (I'll get some photos)
New targa rubber included but not installed (driver or passenger, I can't remember)
Changed motor mounts with old but functional original mounts (one was toast)
Paint is glossy
Body is straight
Top in great shape
Fresh swepco in transaxle
Fresh synthetic oil in case

The bad:

Front bumper has a ding on driver side
Silver dollar star on windshield but it's not cracked
Dash has cracks
Some minor pits on chrome door handles
Small tear on passenger seat
Ding in passenger sail chrome
Dash basket weave needs some work
One dime size rust spot on rear deck under paint. Underside shows nothing so it must have not been prepped properly
Push rod tubes weep a little
Small transaxle leak
Throw out bearing a little noisy (no problems getting into gear though)
Shifter is sloppy from side to side and quick shift for 2nd to 3rd rakes reverse if not careful. (All gears go in smooth with proper shift gate)
Missing driver side heater box control
Driver interior door panel missing top trim (needs a new panel to be perfect but it goes unnoticed if not going for a concourse restoration)
Speedo bounces a bit
He'll hole looks good, but the tray was painted by previous owner. I need to pull the battery and look at the tray a little closer. Battery was put in a plastic battery box.

All in all this is a nice teener that starts every time and runs smooth. Cold starts on first try every time. Hot starts needs to have gas pedal pressed but cranks and fires every time. I know they ask to not comment on postings but would be curious to hear any feedback on this car or any pointers. PM me if you would like.
rjames
Looks like a nice car for a more than fair price. Best of luck with the sale!
Porschewagon
QUOTE(rjames @ Jan 7 2013, 12:08 PM) *

Looks like a nice car for a more than fair price. Best of luck with the sale!

Thank you!
dcheek
Can you supply the VIN number. Or PM me if you don't want it published. Thanks.

Dave
Porschewagon
QUOTE(dcheek @ Jan 12 2013, 05:04 AM) *

Can you supply the VIN number. Or PM me if you don't want it published. Thanks.

Dave

PM sent
Porschewagon
Pulled the car out last weekend with every intention to get more photos. Drove around the neighborhood (twice.. driving.gif piratenanner.gif ) and started thinking, do I really want to get rid of this car? So at the moment the car is no longer for sale. I want to remove this ad or at least edit the title but I'm not sure how to do it. Thanks everyone for looking!
gcrotvik
QUOTE(Porschewagon @ Jan 18 2013, 07:39 AM) *

Pulled the car out last weekend with every intention to get more photos. Drove around the neighborhood (twice.. driving.gif piratenanner.gif ) and started thinking, do I really want to get rid of this car? So at the moment the car is no longer for sale. I want to remove this ad or at least edit the title but I'm not sure how to do it. Thanks everyone for looking!

Edits are easy! Log in to 914World and then go to this ad. In the lower right hand corner of the initial post (the top most post) select Edit then select "Full Edit" (not Quick Edit). Edit the text and title as you see fit and then select "Add This" (or something very close to that) on the bottom of the page (like you did the first time you added the FS post).

BTW, I would have a hard time selling your car also. You have no Idea how many ways (in my mind) I tried to come up with the cash, and a plausible reason for my wife, to buy your car.

Regards,

Greg
Porschewagon
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Jan 18 2013, 08:21 AM) *

QUOTE(Porschewagon @ Jan 18 2013, 07:39 AM) *

Edits are easy! Log in to 914World and then go to this ad. In the lower right hand corner of the initial post (the top most post) select Edit then select "Full Edit" (not Quick Edit). Edit the text and title as you see fit and then select "Add This" (or something very close to that) on the bottom of the page (like you did the first time you added the FS post).

BTW, I would have a hard time selling your car also. You have no Idea how many ways (in my mind) I tried to come up with the cash, and a plausible reason for my wife, to buy your car.

Regards,

Greg

Thanks for the help!
Chris H.
Good for you on keeping it. That is a great car. $6500 was a fair price, and actually seemed very low. The rest of us must just have too many cars right now.... biggrin.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.