Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nico914
Hey guys i haven't received my repair manual yet and i need some help with my engine. Like I said i'm new to the 914 world. The engine turns over, its getting fuel but it will not start. I got the firing order correct , it has a new coil and distributer head. Is there any direction you guys can point me in and any help at all? By the way where is the green wire suppose to go coming off of the distributer. Thank you and any help would be great. biggrin.gif
Mike Bellis
Green wire comes from the points (in the distributor) It goes to the negative side of the coil. There is a Black/Violet also on the negative side of the coil. This is the tach wire.

This would explain why you have no spark if left disconnected.
442nd914s
Open up dizzy cap and verify rotor bug turns.
Next, I would check continuity on the rotor bug & coil wire. Of course with NO POWER.
Dave_Darling
Make sure you have spark. Use an extra spark plug, tape it with the outer electrode or threads touching a ground, plug it in to a plug wire. Have someone crank the starter while you look for spark at the plug.

No spark? Check the ignition system. Got spark? The problem is somewhere else.

If the green wire from the distributor isn't connected to anything, you will get a no spark condition.

--DD
Nine_14
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jan 5 2013, 11:56 PM) *

Green wire comes from the points (in the distributor) It goes to the negative side of the coil. There is a Black/Violet also on the negative side of the coil. This is the tach wire.

This would explain why you have no spark if left disconnected.

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.