Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my new '72
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blk'72
Hi all ,
I am new here and as some people requested here are some pics!
R.
Allan
Nice. Good to meet you. biggrin.gif
anderssj
Hi R,

Nice car--and I like the wheels (Am Racing LeMans)!

Did the original owner buy the car from Alpine PA in Colorado Springs in 72? (That's where I got mine, and they put those wheels on a lot of the cars they sold that spring).

Welcome.

Steve A-
dinomium
yeah, welcome to the loony bin!! And those are some really sweet rims
blk'72
HI all....
Thanks for the comments....this car is awesome and the 914 really are a blast to drive!
Now, as far as I know this is a CA car, and I really don't know that much about the history of it!
But yeah those ARE nice rims!
So you're saying that these are stcok rims?on some limited edition cars?
I'd like to know more about this.
R.
blk'72
interior with the crack on the center that i just fixed with a leather repair kit from kragen's...
Have you guys ever used these?I was amazed by the results!
Mueller
clean looking car smile.gif

those rims are not stock or factory rims, just plain and simple aftermarket rims made back in the day smile.gif
sanman
HI. nice car. my car came with 3 of those wheel. I could never find a forth so I bought some rivs mad.gif from the swap meet . I hated the car with out four matching wheel. I painted the rivs black because I hate them.
Do you need three spares biggrin.gif
plas76targa
Hey - Welcome to the club! This is a great place to learn about the 914! Lurk, read, post questions or poke fun. Good people here from all walks of life!

there are several of us here in P-ton, we'll have to gather at some point!

Enjoy the car and drive it often!
anderssj
Sorry for the confusion--no, not stock rims . . . but Alpine PA was replacing the stock steel wheels with these as a promotion. This was a great deal, especially for non-App-Group cars with the "skinny" wheels.

Only drawback is that the offset is different from stock, so there's not enough clearance for a 185/70 tire (let alone a 205/60).

On the plus side, I modified a set of early 911 fuchs caps (the 3-prong type) to fit these wheels.

I'd like to know more about the dash repair . . .

Thanks in advance,

Steve A-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.