Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plugging my return line back in to my tank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Harpo
While switching to carbs I need to block off my return line in my gas tank. I purchased a kit that came with a solid spacer and a short section of hose and some clamps however this seems more like a temporary solution.

Has anyone simply filled up the return line nipple with epoxy or something compatible with gas?

Thanks

David
Trekkor
I removed the fitting from the tank, flattened the end and welded it.
Bolt it back on.

Done!

KT
TheCabinetmaker
A common practice is to simply insert a tight fitting bolt in the hose and clamp it. I've seen dozens of cars done that way with no problems. Not saying its the right way, but it is the more common way.
quadracerx
I cant remember the actual size and thread, but you could buy a "cap type fitting" and plug it at the tank.
ConeDodger
I used the Trekkor method. Pinch, braze, try to blow through it to make sure it is sealed and you're good to go...
Krieger
I used a stainless bolt to plug about a foot of fuel line on that end. I figured if I want to drain the fuel tank easily this would work.
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jan 6 2013, 08:50 PM) *

I used a stainless bolt to plug about a foot of fuel line on that end. I figured if I want to drain the fuel tank easily this would work.

agree.gif Thats precisely why I did mine the same way. I see no reason why plugging it this way is any more dangerous than having pressurized fuel in a fuel line to begin with. And like you said, handy to help drain fuel.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Jan 6 2013, 08:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Krieger @ Jan 6 2013, 08:50 PM) *

agree.gif Thats precisely why I did mine the same way. I see no reason why plugging it this way is any more dangerous than having pressurized fuel in a fuel line to begin with. And like you said, handy to help drain fuel.

agree.gif
did mine the same way. GLAD I did, as I will be using the return line again.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.