Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Came across a great video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
naro914
I was trying to reach Tim McKenzie, owner of a really nice and VERY fast 914 PCA Club racer. In my Google searches of trying to track him down, I found this video.

Probably some of the best Club Racing I've seen and had to have been a ton of fun for the drivers (Mark White - 911, Tim McKenzie - 914)

Enjoy!

http://vimeo.com/29219114#
ottox914
Very cool. Good find, nice share. Thanks.
Eric_Shea
Eurosport took care of my 911 in Chiacgo. George & Brian are great guys.
Cracker
Very nice indeed...is it just me or does it appear the 911 could have easily walked away from the 914 at any time. That 911 is noticeably faster - amazing what FI will do!
naro914
Not really...the 914 carries much more entry and exit speed. Notice how the 911 passes pretty handily on the front straight a couple times, but the 914 catches him in the corner. 914 is also faster through the carrousel.
Besides, the HP numbers are not that much different - 315 vs 355

Basically, this is a study in how a 914 CAN handle and CAN be driven... I'm not quite there yet!
Cracker
OK. Just a thought, HP figures only tell a "part" of the story here...with TT the 911 most likely develops significantly more torque than the the HP spread would otherwise suggest. I believe this is coming into play here...also the fact that the 911 is on DOT and the 914 is on slicks. This could itself have a significant impact on corning speed, etc.

Regarding your driving, I disagree with you. You appear more "there" than not!

QUOTE(naro914 @ Jan 7 2013, 09:20 AM) *

Not really...the 914 carries much more entry and exit speed. Notice how the 911 passes pretty handily on the front straight a couple times, but the 914 catches him in the corner. 914 is also faster through the carrousel.
Besides, the HP numbers are not that much different - 315 vs 355

Basically, this is a study in how a 914 CAN handle and CAN be driven... I'm not quite there yet!

naro914
QUOTE(Cracker @ Jan 7 2013, 09:36 AM) *

Regarding your driving, I disagree with you. You appear more "there" than not!

You're kind...but if you're referring to the Barber video...I need to drop 4-5 seconds per lap to be competitive!

Note that in this video, these guys are walking away from some Cup cars. And RA is a VERY fast track. On CMP, I can sometimes hang with the cups, but at Barber even, I couldn't keep up with the street GT3's!

More seat time!!
draganc
Great racing! Thanks for the clip.
tadink
Great clip - and I've been thinking about ever since I watched it a week ago -

question - is the big ol' wing on the 914 creating so much drag that the sleeker 911 can catch and pass him on the straights?

the teener seems to have is way at lower speeds, but on the long straights the 911 slips on past - why?

It would be great to see the telemetry feed from the 911 to see speeds, g's etc.

thanks for sharing!

td
naro914
The 911 is a turbo. Once the turbos kick in, it catches the 914... The 914 has better entry and exit speeds, but the 911 has better straight away speeds...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.